3 - strangers in bars.

"W-wow. I feel like I've seen a ghost." Calum laughed.

"I'm not a ghost, Hood." I laughed nudging Calum in the shoulder.

"You know we had a bet you weren't going to show for this wedding,"

"Why?"

"Well you know why, Carsyn."

I shook my head at him.

"You and Luke and all of a sudden it's all about well Luke and Ashley."

I rolled my eyes, Calum probably knew what I was going through. He was around when Luke and I were in our prime. When we were young and everything made sense. Those were the days. The days we stayed out too late, talking too much about our futures. When we had the world in front of us. Sipping funny drinks, smoking anything somene handed to us. Those were the days.

"It was really," I paused for a second thinking of how it exactly had made me feel. The day I got the phone call that my sister was getting married to my ex boyfriend.

"Weird?" Calum laughed.

"Yeah and kind of um," I struggled to find the right word to say, there was a word I had in mind I just couldn't think of it.

"Bizzare!" I exclaimed.

Calum nodded, taking a sip from his wine glass that he had brought on stage with him to give the worlds best Best Man speech as opposed to my maid of honor speech.

"I didn't even know they were dating I mean me and Luke live together!" he exclaimed. I'd forgotten how big and pretty Calum's eyes were. I guess I never paid attention back in the day, I didn't dare lay an eye on anyone that wasn't Luke.

"Like one day Carsyn I was sitting in our living room, playing some type of video game with Michael because he was over and Luke just walks in looking guilty as hell."

I nodded,

"-and I looked at him and asked what the damage was I mean I was expecting it to be anything because he looked like he felt pretty shitty. I was thinking he lost money in a casino or something and the fucker plops right between me and Michael and he's just all I'm getting married."

I began laughing because that was so Luke. All of that sounded exactly like something Luke Robert Hemmings would do, just because he felt guilty. In our three year courtship Luke was infamous for feeling guilty but not knowing exactly what to tell me.

"So how did he break the bad news?" I laughed taking a sip from my drink. I had to give it to my mother, she did know how to host a party. I hoped my father wouldn't get too trashed. My mother claimed he was a recovering alcoholic and that he hadn't touched a bottle since I left but I wasn't one hundred percent sure if I exactly believed that.

Calum took another big drink finishing off his champagne. He gave it to an employee walking by and sat the drink on her tray. Taking another drink. This time Calum's drink of choice was scotch.

"Well me and Michael kept interrogating him. He said it wasn't a bad thing but we weren't going to be happy about it. My first thought was that the poor kid knocked some broad from the bar up. But then he confesses that he's been dating Ashlee Collins and we're like okay that's weird. But he kept arguing that it wasn't weird but it totally is Carsyn!"

I laughed, "you have no idea how weird I feel coming home to a framed picture of Ashlee and Luke on my night stand. Barf."

Calum laughed, "so you're mom is taking this to the extreme then?"

I gave Calum that look, the look you give your friend when you're both totally thinking the same thing and we just couldn't stop laughing. It was like we were picking up where we left off five years ago. Calum was always my best friend of the group aside from Luke.