N I N E

Ginny and I walked downstairs to the screening room. Blaise dropped by earlier to tell us we were going to watch a movie if we wanted to come. And so now, obviously we are.

"Hey, Ginny?" I ask her as we walk to the room.

"Yes, Amber?"

"When do you think we will get our Hogwarts letters?"

"Maybe tomorrow, we do have two more weeks before school begins, so that's usually what happens,"

"Oh okay," We walk in silence for a minute. "Gin?"

"Yes?"

"Do you like my brother?"

"No, no, no, no, no!" Ginny exclaimed. "Why would you even think that!? You're my best friend! Wait...did he ask you to ask me that?"

"No, I was just wondering," I said not convinced.

"You're not convinced are you?" She asks.

"Oh come on! Not even a little bit? You guys are so cute together!"

"No! But do you think he likes me?"

"I think so,"

"Well too bad for him!" She says as we walk into the screening room.

"Too bad for who?" Blaise asks us.

"No one!" We both say in sync.

"Sure," Blaise stretches the word out, obviously not convinced.

"You don't believe us!?" I say, putting my hand to my heart pretending to be offended.

"You and your brother are not convinced easily," Ginny muttered loud enough only for me to hear.

Blaise rolled his eyes at me.

"Well shall we get this movie started?" Malfoy called over to us.

•√•

I was in my room with Ginny, we both had sleeping bags on the ground. But instead of sleeping we were talking instead.

"You sure you don't like Blaise?" I asked again.

"I'm sure," she said.

"You sure, you're sure?" I ask. "Because you two were awfully close during that movie,"

"Oh, shut up," She smiled and rolled her eyes. "What about you and Draco? Huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Amber, you know what I mean, besides I saw how you two were when you were dancing, and talking after the pool incident, he had a look on his face how he would never look at Pansy-"

"Well, he hates her,"

"True, but what I mean is, maybe he likes you?"

"I don't know, Gin," I say recalling all the moments that she mentioned, and the times Ginny wasn't there for.

"What's the 'Maybe. Maybe? Maybe.' thing for?"

"I'm not exactly sure, we just started saying that,"

"Oh okay, well you never did answer my question, do you like Draco?"

"I-"

Thud!

We both perked up at the sound that was just right out our room. We got up, and walked over to the door.

"Stupid cat!" We hear a voice say outside our door. Malfoy. "Oh shut up Zabini!"

I open the door to see Draco on the ground, Crookshanks by the corner of the wall, and Blaise hurled over in laughter. "What the-" I start.

"Your cat," Draco stopped me.

"That makes sense," I smile. "What exactly happened?"

"See Draco overheard you two, and started to walk over to tell me, and then he tripped,"

"Why were you two at my door?" I ask.

"Umm...well...It was Draco's idea!" Blaise rushed behind me and pointed his finger towards him. "Help me," He peeped out.

"Blaise..." Draco said threateningly I turn to Draco. "Why were you two at my door?"

"You know, we wanted to prank you two,"

"And how?"

"We were not partially sure, we were gonna eavesdrop and then do something after,"

"And how much did you hear?"

"From where you were pestering Ginny about Blaise, and then she asking if you liked me,"

"Oh, okay, then,"

"So do you like him? You never did answer my question," Ginny asked.

"And do you like my sister?" Blaise asked stepping out from behind me.

Draco and I looked at each other, his deep stormy grey eyes meeting mine. I also knew we were both thinking the same thing

"Maybe," I say.

"Maybe?" Blaise and Ginny but the repeat.

"Maybe," Draco said.

3, 2, 1...

"No!" I laugh. "Of course not!"

"Ye...nooooooooo..." Draco said. Making sure the yes stood out, just to annoy Blaise, me and Ginny knew that he actually means no, but he just wanted to make Blaise mad.

"Amber get me a pillow," Blaise growled.

"A pillow?!" Ginny, Draco and I asked.

"Get me one,"

"Oh okay!" I say, I walk to my room. "Do you want a brick in it?"

"Amber!" Draco yelled.

"Fine, no brick," I grab a pillow and toss it to Blaise when I get out into the hall. "Draco, this is the part where you run,"

"Can I have a pillow too?" He asked.

"Nope," Blaise starts chasing him down the hall. They run down the stairs and start to circle the couch and chairs, where his mum and my mum were sitting.

"What is going-" Before my mother could finish asking. Blaise grabs a small pillow from a chair and chucks it at Draco. He just moved out of the way and runs to the party room, with Blaise chasing after him.

Ginny and I walked briskly down the stairs.

"Blaise is mad because he thinks Draco likes me, he said maybe to fool him and now he's, well, mad," I explained to my mum and Mrs. Malfoy.

"Uh huh... I figured he'd be very protective..." My mum said.

"Yes, well, we should go-"

Splash!

There was a small high girly screech.

Ginny and I rush outside to see Draco in the pool soaked. And Blaise laughing.

"What did you two do...?" I ask.

"Your bloody brother pushed me into the pool!" Draco yelled.

"...with a pillow?" Ginny asked.

"He pretty much body slammed me," Draco answered.

"Oh, okay,"

"Malfoy come out so you can dry off," I say walking over to where Blaise dropped the pillow and picking it up. 

Blaise walked over to me, so did Ginny. 

Blaise was watching Draco get out of the pool unaware that I had raised the pillow. I swung it back and it hit Blaise in the back pushing him into the pool.