7

Naruto carried Himawari and walked to an empty room that was slightly away from Kawaki's. His mind was running wild. How can he be alive? How did Kawaki came back to the village? Why now? Why not earlier?

"Dad do we tell her when she wakes up?" Boruto asked him as he placed her gently on the bed.

"Stay with her dattebayo'" was his response before leaving.

"But dad! Wjat if she wakes up! What do I tell her dattebasa! Damm it!" he yelled.

"You gotta calm yourself Boruto. Lord Seventh probably has something in his mind" Mitsuki added.

"He always has something in his mind 'ttebasa. Why he didn't just answered me?"

"Maybe he doesn't know what exactly to do since everything happened so fast."

Meanwhile, Naruto walked through the hallway dealing with his own mind and questions about the topic.

'Why? Why now dattebayo?'

'You should ask the boy, brat'

'I know but I still don't understand. What is she wakes up before I have answers?! She's gonna get mad and I'm gonna get mad and-'

'Ah, shut up and just ask him away! Don't waste time walking out like an idiot'

'Hey! I'm not an idiot dattebayo!'

'Oh really?'

'Yes!'

'Do you really want me to remind every stupid choice you made in your life?'

'No, but they turned out great!'

'Because I helped you on many occasions. Except on that moment when you kissed-'

'AHHH!!! DON'T MENTION THAT!! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!'

'Because you were an idiot, brat'

'But....but- JUST LET ME WORK KURAMA!'

'Heheheheh, finally you're on the right mood brat'

Naruto sighed, dealing with Kurama was not easy. "Stupid fox" he murmured.

'I heard that'

"Damm it!" he cursed himself as he remembered that Kurama is and has always been inside his body.

"You need some time, Lord Seventh?" Sarada said while standing beside him with curiosity. Naruto flinched in awkwardness once he noticed the Uchiha heiress.

"Y-You saw everything?"

"Yeah. Being a jimchūriki is hard right?"

The Uzumaki nodded, thanking Kami that Sarada was very comprehensive. After a while , he took a breath and finally gpt inside Kawaki's room. The boy was pretending to be asleep but moved once he heard someone entering the place. He opened his brown eyes and rubbed them a bit before noticing the Uzumaki's siluette.

"Where...where am I?" he asked.

"I should be the one asking questions." Naruto replied in his serious tone as he sat in front of him. "Do you know who you are?"

"....Yeah...my name's Kawaki..." he replied while inspecting the place. "Is this Konoha?" Then out of the blue he became frantic. "The war! What happened? Where's Toneri?"

"Everything's over. The war ended and Toneri got defeated. Although there's not any sign of his body." he said while murmuring the last part.

"Impossible, I remember getting into the portal. Everything was dark and I remember not being able to breathe and-" he said before gasping. "Himawari...Where's Himawari?!?!"

"Calm down dattebayo! You need to rest and-" he replied while holding back the young boy.

"No you don't understand! I need to see her!"

"Enough" Sasuke said while pointing at him his katana. "Sit down"

"Sasuke...this isn't the way" Naruto said while glaring at him.

"You're good at politics, but suck at interrogations dobe" he said before turning to the young boy. "Tell us everything before I paint this room with the color of your blood."

"I don't fear you" Kawaki snapped with a glare. "I don't care if the war's over or not. I need to see her."

"Not until you've explain us why you appeared in the village 2 years after the war." Naruto said while Kawaki took a step back.

"I...I-...2 years?" he said while finally sitting down. "I was away for 2 years?"

"Hn." Sasuke said while pulling back his katana. "We've been looking for you ever since you appeared in Himawari's visions"

"B-But I didn't sended her visions. I lost consciousness."

Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other for a while. "That's enough" Sasuke said while leaving but suddenly, he found Himawari having a hard time getting into the room.

"I tried to stop her dattebasa" Boruto said while following her.