15

Kawaki managed to open his eyes, only to see the Uchiha heiress staring at him. "Wh...What happened..?"

"I thought you weren't gonna wake up..." she said in a serious tone. "We shouldn't have taken you to the mission."

"Where's Himawari? Where is she?" he asked confused.

"Don't move, you're gonna get worse" she said while holding him as the rest of Team 7 and Shinki entered the room.

"Finally, you woke up dattebasa" Boruto said. "Himawari's been taken because of you. Take note on that."

"Because of me? Who protected her from getting killed!?"

"She was fine without you! You let your emotions get the best of you, making you step in her fight and risking the mission!"

"There are risks in every mission. You should know that! You're just mad because not even with your Jougan you couldn't see the enemy about to stab your own sister!!" Kawaki said while managing to get up and stand in front of Boruto. "And I did"

Boruto couldn't help but to punch Kawaki hard in his face, unleashig a fight between the two ninjas. Mitsuki was able to hold Kawaki back while Sarada did the same with Boruto.

"Fights like this won't help us get Hima-chan back!" Sarada said with rage. "Look even I don't like how thigs turned out, but we can't help but to keep going. Discussions like this will only take away the hope of getting her back alive."

"He-started it dattebasa!" Boruto yelled.

"Say that again you little brat!" Kawaki yelled.

"I don't care a damn about who started it!" Sarada yelled, awakening her Sharingan unconsiously. "Now you two better behave for the sake of Himawari or else I'm gonna train my chidori with both of your asses!!!"

"F-Fine..." Boruto said while looking away. Kawaki only lowered his head. Mitsuki and Sarada released them right before Shinki got a message from another sand ninja.

"Understood. Bring them in." was all he said.

"What's wrong?" Mitsuki asked as Shinki took a deep breath.

"Konohagakure has been attacked." he replied. "The village is under control of....."

"...of?" Sarada asked.

"Otsusuki clan members." he said.

"What?!?! How?!" Boruto yelled in panick. "But what about dad? And Konohamaru sensei?"

"We don't know what happened to them" said a voice Team 7 recognized very well.

"Shikadai..." Boruto said while watching the rest of his friends arrive in a very bad state.

"What happened?" Mitsuki asked with worry as he reached Sumire.

"They attacked us during midnight. They were killing and capturing everyone who stood on their way." she explained.

"We got out of there with the help of our parents, othwewise we wouldn't had made it." Inojin said. "But we must follow Shikadai's dad plan to rescue the village."

"Rescue? How?" Kawaki said, dragging everyone's attention. "Otsusuki clan members are not that easy to beat."

"How do you know?" Denki asked.

"Because I've been with them. I hate to tell you this, but by now...everyone's-"

"Shut up" Sarada said. "We cannot make assumptions. Not until we get Himawari back and follow the plan Shikamaru-san left us to do."

"Sarada, it is our duty to act accordingly to the situation we are in. The Otsusuki are way stronger than any of us. By this time, they're all dead."

"That's what they want us to believe." she replied. "They survived two different wars and if they sent them here with a plan it means that they put their trust in us to overcome this situation. We cannot turn our back on them, we never will because it's our ninja way."

The Uchiha heiress turned to Shikadai with determination. "We'll listen to your plan and once we rescue Himawari we'll put it into action."

After a while, planning the rescue mission in accord with Shikadai's message, everythung got settled. Sumire went with Nue and her team to track Himawari's scent. Boruto spent the rest of the day at Sunagakure's gates while the rest got healed at the hospital. He spent the time staring at the horizon, thinking and worrying about his sister.

"You should be getting more rest" he heard Sarada say, but he didn't turned around. "You need to save all that energy for the rescue mission."

"I wonder how she is doing. I mean, I know she's strong but..." he said as he sighed. "She's my sister.."

"Hn." she replied. "I never had a brother, but I always saw Hima-chan as a sister. I guess we all got blind about her power."

"Sometimes I wish I could change the past dattebasa. Maybe it could've been different."

"Boruto..."

"Maybe we would've been more supportive.."

"Boruto"

"Maybe, just maybe she wouldn't had run away and..."

"Boruto. You can't change the past. It was written from the moment she awakened her Byakugan when she was little." Sarada said while approaching him and lifting his head. "We all made mistakes, it's in our nature. But what we could do is learn from it."

"Thanks Sarada...I...I don't know what I'll do without you.." he said while trying to stay strong, but Sarada knew he was having a bad time. Then, the Uzumaki suddenly had a breakdown and reached the Uchiha heiress for comfort. "I'm sorry Sarada...I'm sorry..."

Sarada stood in shock for a while before hugging him tightly. "It's okay Boruto... I'm here....I'm here.."

"She's out there. She's out there while mom....and dad..." he said between sobs.

"Shhh...we're together in this, and we will get her back, I promise."

"Uh...guys.." Sumire said while returning with Nue and her team to the village. Boruto and Sarada broke the hug amd blushed.

"A...Any news?" Sarada said with a smile while Boruto regained his composuture.

"We've tracked them."