VII

The night before the wedding, as the moon hung low in the sky, Daenerys sat alone in her chambers, her heart heavy with a sense of impending duty. The candles in the room cast flickering shadows on the walls, adding to the aura of melancholy that enveloped her.

As she gazed out of the window, lost in thought, there was a faint rustling behind her. Startled, she turned to see Loki standing in the shadows, his eyes a captivating shade of emerald in the dim light.

"Loki," she breathed, surprised by his sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?"

He stepped closer, his gaze unwavering. "I couldn't stay away, Daenerys. Not tonight."

She felt a rush of conflicting emotions. Her heart ached for the man before her, the man she had grown to care for deeply, but her sense of duty weighed heavily on her shoulders. "Loki, you know that tomorrow I become Thor's wife. I cannot deny my duty to my family and my kingdom."

Loki's eyes bore into hers, his voice filled with a quiet intensity. "I know, my lady. But tonight, until the sun rises, you are mine."

Daenerys felt a shiver run down her spine at his words, and her resolve wavered. She knew the consequences of giving in to her desires, but the allure of Loki's presence was too strong to resist. With a hesitant nod, she whispered, "Tonight, Loki, I am yours."

He closed the distance between them in an instant, his lips capturing hers in a searing kiss. It was a kiss filled with longing, with the knowledge that their time together was fleeting. Their mouths moved together in a passionate dance, each kiss a silent promise of what could never be.

Loki's hands roamed her body with a gentle urgency, tracing the curves and contours that he had come to know so well. Daenerys's fingers tangled in his dark hair as she pulled him closer, her body yearning for the closeness they had denied themselves for so long.

Their clothes fell to the floor in a hasty frenzy of desire, and they tumbled onto the bed, their bodies entwined in a fervent embrace. The room was filled with the soft sounds of their whispers, their gasps of pleasure, and the rhythmic cadence of their love.

Hours passed like minutes as they explored each other's bodies, their connection growing deeper with each passing moment. In the quiet of the night, they shared their most intimate desires and fears, laying bare their souls to one another.

As the first light of dawn began to filter through the curtains, Loki held Daenerys close, their bodies still entangled in the aftermath of their passion. He brushed a strand of hair from her face and kissed her forehead, his voice filled with a mixture of regret and tenderness.

"Daenerys, my love, I wish we could defy fate and be together forever. But I promise you this—I will visit you whenever Thor's duties keep him occupied. You won't be alone."

Tears welled up in Daenerys's eyes as she clung to him, unwilling to let go of the fleeting moment they had shared. "Loki, I will carry this night with me always, in my heart. Thank you for your promise."

Loki pressed a lingering kiss to her lips, a silent farewell. "Remember, my lady, you are a queen in your own right, with a strength and spirit that cannot be tamed. No matter what the future holds, you will always have my heart."

With a heavy heart, Daenerys watched as Loki disappeared into the shadows, leaving her alone in her chamber. The sun had risen, and the world outside was filled with the bustle of wedding preparations.

As she donned her wedding gown and prepared to face her destiny, Daenerys carried with her not only a piece of Loki's love but also the promise of his continued presence in her life. It was a secret they would forever share, a forbidden love that had burned brightly in the darkest of nights.

And as she walked down the aisle to marry Thor, the man chosen for her by duty and destiny, Daenerys couldn't help but steal one last glance at the shadows, where Loki had once stood, a silent reminder of the love they had dared to embrace, if only for a single night.