Homecoming

Bellamy's unanticipated appearance leaves me rather disoriented, why would the council send down a lowly janitor to babysit a bunch of premature felons?

"What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?"

The young girl and I seem to be on the same page, my mother renounced Bellamy from the Guard around a year ago and demoted him to a janitor after the Unity Day scandal. Wait. Could it be? I couldn't recognize her till this moment.

She's Octavia Blake.

I'd only met her once, at the masquerade dance, and that was only because of Bellamy's desperate condition, I was his last hope.

"I borrowed it to get on the drop ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you," he jests. The mere idea was highly improbable, I knew Bellamy, he may be quick-witted but he possesses no patience and no realistic vision of the bigger picture.

He's lying.

Octavia seems to buy the whole act and embraces once more with her brother. This time Bellamy looks out into the crowd in a rather protective stance holding his sister in his arms. While scanning the room, we suddenly lock eyes, and my heart drops at the same speed this damn drop-ship was accelerating only a few moments ago. I can almost envision the wheels turning in his head. Now, I know that he knows that I know that he's not supposed to be here. Wow, maybe Finn was right, I do need to work on speaking more comprehensible English.

Our stare-off is interrupted by Clarke's curiosity.

"Where's your wristband?" she inquires.

I glance at his wrist as well and see that she's right, it's bare. This revelation along with the stolen  uniform, and Bellamy's ill-supported  excuses confirms it, this was clearly set up, but by whom and with what purpose?

"Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year," Octavia announces in an off-handed manner.

This seemingly casual statement causes the congested area to swarm with curious speculation. A few of the less dim delinquents seem to finally identify the infamous siblings; consequently causing a few declarations to transpire throughout the crowd.

"No one has a brother!"

"That's Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden under the floor!"

These spitefully expressed accusations trigger Octavia to attempt to lunge into the crowd with the pursuit of defending their family's wounded honor.

Before Octavia could cause damage, Bellamy reins her in. "Octavia! Octavia, no. Let's give them something else to remember you by."

"Like what?" she replies, her brother's well-put words peaking her interest.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years," Bellamy enticingly suggests.

99 years damnit, I thought I taught him better than that...

~Flashback to a little over 4 years ago~

"Miss Knight?"

"Miss Knight!" an angered muffled voice seemed to exclaim...wait, what?

My eyes spring open and I lift my head from my desk so fast my head begins to spin, I must have fallen asleep in class again.