Frozen landscape

Sketch-A ghost story of a "common" ghost
Frozen landscape

By Inkygalaxycat

She groaned awake to see white. White? Last time she checked she was in a brownish colored sand desert. Another thing that got her was it wasn't hot. It was cold. Very cold.
Where ever she was is was cold and white.
Slowly she sat up blinking.
There in the distance was green. Green sky and floating purple rectangles.
She then stood up wrapping her arms around her with a shiver. She was greatful she still had her long sleeved dress to keep her warm and her bandana to her keep her breath warm.
It was only now that she noticed the color change.
Her long sleeved dress is now a shade of red, the pants a shade of light blue, her belts was the same blue and she noticed that one went across her chest connecting to her belt around her waist, her boots, bandana and her hooded shawl turned into a shade of dark green, the inside of her hooded shawl was the same red as her dress.
She blinked in shock as her eye spied something light green in the hood. She yelped and scrambled back in fright.
She fell back into the white onto the ground that was also white.
It wasn't until she had calmed down she realised what the light green stuff in her hood was.
It was her hair.
She stared silently in shock. How did this happen to her.
Then another thought occurred. Where was the pain in her leg?
She looked at her leg that had the heavy thing land on it. Her leg looked completely fine and there was no blood on her newly colored light blue pants. How did that happen?
Then she noticed a few more things. The tear in the dress at the side had been hemmed so it was permanently spilt, her shawl was also joined together into short cloak hood, but what was most alarmed at was her skin color.
Her skin color was a shade of orange.
Once again she blinked. Was she dreaming?
She closed her eyes and waited.
She then opened her eyes when she heard movement, she was still in the frozen land and what ever she heard was approaching.
She scrambled to her feet and ran.
It wasn't long before Blue beams of light where being thrown at her and large ice things formed where they landed. She kept jumping to the side and running away from the beams in response while silently panicking.
Stuff was being yelled out but she didn't understand it or hear it, she just ran.
After a short while of running and being chased she met the edge of the white terra and saw the green expanse with the purple floating rectangles. It saw then she realised they were in fact doors. She briefly wondered why there was doors here, how they were floating and why the sky was green.
She yelped as a blue beam flew past her hooded head, barely missing her. She turned around to look what was making the blue beams fly and gasped.
The only way she could describe the tall creatures was as white, fluffy, monsters with a thing of fabric around there waist and horns, on a floating ...table?
They shouted something out her aggressively and she raised her hands in front of her head protectively and closed her eyes in response.
She waited for an attack but nothing came. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at the fluffy monsters confused. What were they doing?
One had a staff pointed at her while two other talked in the funny language. She was able to pick up parts of it though.
New, lost, found, king, leader, child, area, report and understood were the words she picked up on.
It was then she said something afraid. "Please don't hurt me."
The fluffy monsters looked at her with icy blue eyes with mixed emotions. The one holding the staff said something to the other two, who responded. The one holding the staff then lowered the staff and said something to her.
She heard. Child, afraid, no harm, and FarFrozzen.
It was getting clearer somehow...
The one that was pointing the staff at her then crouched down and looked at her now eye level.
She slowly lowered her hands sensing that this fluffy monster meant no harm to her.
The fluffy monster smiled with jagged teeth, putting her slightly on edge again. Off in the distance she could hear a weird noise. Another one of the table like things appeared from the white.
"What is your name child?" The one crouching asked startlingly her. What was her name?...
A word floated around in her mind in the tip of her tongue. She just couldn't quiet get a grasp of what it was...
She stared at them in slight shock as a taller one of them with a blue see through arm approached them.
"Frostbite, my king, this is the unknown presence we caught in our radar." One of the two in further back said to the see though armed one.
Her voice of reason said that this one was called Frostbite.
Frostbite nodded and looked at her.
"Young one, what is your name?" Frostbite asked her. She continued to stare unsure of what to say.
"My king, I have asked her that already and she didn't respond. I believe that she has only just formed." The one crouched down holding the staff said to Frostbite.
"Thanks you Hoarfrost, I have come to that conclusion myself." Frostbite said with out a hint of anger in his tone.
She blinked once again. Was this... king... nice?
Hoarfrost nodded and stood up holding out a ice clawed hand to her.
"Come with us child." Hoarfrost said politely.
She didn't take it, but thought over her options. If she declined to go with them then she will be stuff in this cold white place with no chance of any survival. They seemed to know where they were and she didn't. If she went with them they could kill her.. but wouldn't they have done that already then?
She had a better chance of living if she went with them.
She gave them a small smile from behind her bandana that reflected into her eyes and took Hoarfrost's hand.
They were on the weird tables moving incredibly fast across the white land. Apparently the white stuff was called snow and this green place is called the Ghost Zone.
She wondered why the place was called a "Ghost Zone" and how the purple doors flew. It wasn't until she asked what a ghost was she understood why it was called the Ghost Zone.
"When a being dies and have a reason to stay their spirt stays behind and becomes a ghost. Now these new ghosts form in this place, the Ghost Zone. It's the home for all ghosts." Frostbite explained.
She nodded listening and processing the new information. "Forming is basically..." Frostbite hesitated. Was it to think of the right word or thinking of how to say what the fluffy monster was going to say? She wasn't sure.
"Forming is kinda like a newborn being brought into the world but not at the same time." Hoarfrost continued in place of Frostbite. "There are major differences such as parents not existing for a new ghost to be formed, having there own abilities or obsession. There are also multiple ways for a ghost to be formed. If a ghost is powerful enough they can simply form a ghost from their own energy. Another is the same as humans being born, but again there is a difference." Hoarfrost explained as she listened. She was sure a lot of this would make more sense later to her.
In the distance she could see a different land mass. She wasn't sure what it was though.
"But when a new ghost is born from two other ghost there is a major celebration because of how rare and special that is!" Frostbite exclaimed. Hoarfrost then went into explain why it was so rare and celebrated. Hoarfrost said that the children were often murdered before they were born because of the Ghost king, Pariah Dark, or complications like not enough energy from the mother parent or just something going wrong. It was even harder for a ghost to have a child to begin with so most just form one as an apprentice, that is not the same.
She nodded as Hoarfrost explained stuff that Frostbite said, nearing the different land mass with each passing second.
"We're almost here young one." Frostbite declared to her. She nodded slowly and wrapped her arms around herself. She was getting cold.
The rest of the trip was spent in silence as she watches the snow falling past them speed down and she watching the land mass get closer and closer.
She found the snow rather beautiful. The way it sparkled and glimmered in the light mesmerised her. The reflections were cool and she had never seen anything like that before.
Then she saw the city and gasped in surprise and amazement.  She wanted to sketch both of these down.
"Woah..." she whispered to herself. Frostbite chuckled at her reaction.
"Welcome to the land of the Farfrozen." Frostbite cheered happily. She looked at him confused. Land of the Farfrozen?
"Okay?" She said not completely sure if this was a good or bad thing.
The city was made up of icy buildings and more of the fluffy monsters. They were everywhere.
She watched silently in awe as the table thing came to a stop.
"We're here." One of the other fluffy monsters said and stepped off the floating table.
The others soon stepped off as well and waited.
"Are you coming young one?" Frostbite asked her. She stared in response. Hoarfrost came up to her and got to eye level.
"Are you scared?" Hoarfrost asked. She blinked in response once again. Scared? That felt firmlar... the word and feeling felt like something she knew.
Fear. Running away and never coming back. She was afraid in the desert when she was escaping. Why was she scared? She couldn't remember. But why?
"Young one. There is no reason to be afraid." Frostbite said causing her to flinch.
She fell back onto the floor of the table thing and scrambled back.
Hoarfrost moved around and picked her up effortlessly.
"Do not be afraid. We are not your enemies." Hoarfrost said looking at her into her eyes with a neutral look. She stared back unsure of what she should do.
But she did know one thing, with her heart beating faster, loud enough to hear it in her head and the hesitated breaths, she knew she was afraid.
Hoarfrost sighed and turned to Frostbite. "What do you want me to do my king?" Hoarfrost asked not putting her down.
She stayed as still as possible, trying to hide away.
"Bring her with us. We'll set up a hut for to stay in till she has gotten a hang of being here... do you know how to use your powers?" Frostbite said before turning his attention to her and asking about "powers."
She stayed quiet but her mind was working away. Powers? They have powers here? Like the magic lady? The fortune teller? Or were they different here? What kind of powers are they talking about?
She really had no clue.
"My king, I don't think she knows what her powers and obsession are. She had only just formed." Hoarfrost voiced looking at her. She responded by closing her eyes. "I don't think she even knows any information here."
Information? What do they mean? All she knew was what they told her...
"I know that Hoarfrost." That was Frostbite. He sounded slightly amused.
"Then why did you ask?" It was one of the other fluffy monsters there.
"Because. Some ghost that form use their powers straight away. I know that Death's apprentices-"
Death? Is that another ghost.
"Not the brothers!"
Who yelled that? What's so bad about brothers?
"Yes the brothers, Aeron and Mortimer, they both knew how to control their powers."
She noted that she seemed to be moving, well Hoarfrost was moving. She could also hear the crunch of the snow with each step they took, but she didn't dare open her eyes in fear of some kind of punishment.
"But my king! They are the formed apprentices of Death! An ancient! They are bound to be powerful and have their abilities sooner then others." It was a new voice. The other one she didn't know. Maybe she should open her eyes..
"I can name a few others if you like." Frostbite said sounding genuine with saying he will name others who had their "powers" or "abilities" as they called them.
"Go ahead my king." That one was Hoarfrost. She noted that Hoarfrost'a tone saw on of uncaring. It was a tone she had heard many times... but from where? She couldn't remember.
"Most of the Farfrozen to start off with, all the ancients and their apprentices, Pandora,  
Wulf, the ghost king, Ghostwriter and a few others I do not know the name of." Frostbite said.
There was the sound of something moving, kinda like.. a... door?
Her thoughts went quiet as they walk through something, she knew that because her legs brushed something hard as Hoarfrost carried her.
She noticed the talking continued on muffled. Maybe she should open her eyes...
Something soft was now under her and Hoarfrost's arms let go of her. Carefully she felt around with her hand. It was soft, warm and fabric-y. A blanket?
She then heard footsteps leaving the area and the talking fading away till she was alone with the silence.
It was then she opened her eyes and looked around. She was in a white and blue room on a bed. There wasn't much in it but it was still a room. Where was she? Maybe it was a bad idea to have closed her eyes...
The room was warm which was nice. Very cosy...
She then closed her eyes again and fell asleep.
When she awoke she was still in the room.  She could hear noses coming from out side the closed door but other then that nothing.
She then sat up. Why was the room so empty? Are all the rooms like this?
The ice door opened revealing Frostbite.
"I hope you have rested well." He began with a smile showing jagged teeth. "Because food is ready and waiting!"
Did Frostbite treat all the guests like this? If he did he must be a good king... why did a king being nice matter to her? She couldn't remember... where was she again?...
She blinked at Frostbite blankly who entered the room. "You'll need a guide. Come let us eat!"
She slid off the bedding of blues and whites and then followed Frostbite.
Frostbite lead her to a large building of ice and snow and into a big room with a massive table covered in food.
She felt her hungry cry out in want to be satisfied and she immediately she dashed over to the table. She heard Frostbite laugh and walk over.
"Go on eat. We have plenty." Said to her grabbing some food for himself.
She nodded and grabbed as much as she could, pulled her now green bandana down and eat as fast and as much as she could.
"Woah! Someone's hungry!" She heard a new but firmlar voice say. It was one of the other two she heard before she fell asleep, as they moved across the ice on the table things and when they were walking to the room.
She turned around with bread in her hands and looked at the fluffy monster who had spoken.
"H-hi?" She stammered to the fluffy monster.
"Hello young one. I am Poler" Poler said with a smile.
She nodded and went back to eating, this time slower. It wasn't long before big room had more of the fluffy monsters filtering in and out, eating the food. The room was quite full and she was feeling a bit claustrophobic...
She needed to get out of the room!
It wasn't safe in crowded spaces! She was still found even in crowds...
She somehow made her way out of the big room into a hallway deeper into the building and pulled her bandana up over her nose.
She didn't really care how she got away just as long as she was out... so she kept running.
Step. Step.
She came to a stop at then end of a hallway. She had lost tract of where she was ages ago.
It was a nice dead end. A plant in front and to the the side of a large mirror was growing in ice pot.
Everything here was cold..
she looked into the mirror with a look of confusion and terror.
Completely red eyes with no whites stared back at her.
The color was wrong! But what was it before...
What ever the color was meant to be, it wasn't red.
She raised a hand and watched as her reflection did the same, mirrored.
The palms of her hands were scared badly, many injuries had been afflicted to them...
she didn't like the look of them... but the damage had already been done. She wanted her hands to disappear. She didn't want to see the scared flesh.
Was this really her?
What the mirror was reflecting was her, it copied her movements so this was her...
She then looked over her form. The only difference she could remember was that the colors were wrong, but on top of her hood was a bit of fabric that looked like a... leaf? It too was green. The same green as her hooded shawl, bandana and shoes.
She didn't know how to feel about this. Was this a good or a bad thing?
She did a small twirl in front of the mirror.
This felt like something she knew...
Closing her eyes she let herself move.
Step, step, spin with a slide to the left... a few quick steps on the spot and a turn with her arms out tilted on an angle, another spin and stop with a step standing tall with her eyes open.
Don't shrink away otherwise you'll be punished. Our king hates it when the dancers do that.
She then fell back with a stumble. Where and who was that from? She knew she was alone... was it a memory? She sat up with a moment of hesitation.
"Young one! There you are! My king has been looking for you," It was Poler. "He wants to see if you can use your powers yet."
Powers?
She recalled the fluffy monsters talking about powers previously.
"Now?" She asked quietly.
"Yes. Now." Poler responded with a smile and held out a clawed, fluffy, white hand to her. Slowly she took the hand, standing up. Poler then lead her around the place to a big empty space with seats lined the edge.
"What do we do here?" She asked looking at Poler, who grinned at the space of emptiness.
"This is where we train our powers, fight in training or to settle a distribution, or just generally use our abilities. The seats are so everyone can watch." Poler explained holding the other hand out. Blue energy gathered in Poler's hand and took shape.
She watched in amazement and awe.
"That's so pretty." She complemented. Poler nodded and held out a tiny version of her, made of blue ice.
"Since it's Ghost ice, the ice won't melt unless the ghost ends, wishes the ice to melt or another ghost destroys it. Humans can touch it but it will not effect it."
She nodded, understanding, and took the tiny version of her in her hands. The ice was cold and very smooth. It was almost like glass...
"Ah! Poler! Young one! I see you have made it!" Frostbite's booming voice called out to them as he walked over.
She almost dropped the tiny ice her in fright from the suddenness of Frostbite.
"Yes my king." Poler said with a bow. Frostbite nodded then turned to her.
"I take it you understand while you are here in the arena, yes?" Frostbite asked her.
She nodded. "To test if I can use powers."
"Very good!" Frostbite exclaimed.
"But your majesty, how do we know if I even have powers? I don't even remember anything before I woke up here."  She pointed out. Frostbite listened and thought for a few seconds.
"Young one, all ghost have abilities. It is how our obsessions form around them." Frostbite answered.
She felt her heart go cold, like a knife to the chest. It must have shown in her eyes because Frostbite was frowning at her. "You didn't know?"
She only just found out. It was so heart breaking to her. It shattered her heart.
She. Wasn't. Alive.
"I-I'm d-dead?" She trembled, red colored tears gathering in her red eyes. "B-but I thought..." It was then she began to cry. She then dropped to her knees and sat on her legs crying.
She felt a large hand on her shoulder.
"We thought you knew... with our whole this is the Ghost zone speech and such." Poler said trying to comfort the crying ghost.
"I-I.." she couldn't even form words to make sentences, not that anyone could blame her.
"I am sorry you didn't know young one." Frostbite said as he walked over.
She nodded hugging herself. She should have seen it earlier. There was a reason they called this place the Ghost Zone. They had talked about the ways of ghosts forming for a reason. How could she have not seen it earlier?
With a blurry vision she used her finger to draw in the snow. She felt better doing this. She didn't know how she knew but she just did.
Poler and Frostbite watcher her draw in the snow with her finger. She had stoped crying after a while of doing so.
"What are you drawing young one?" Frostbite asked after a moment of observing her draw.
She shrugged. "It's just a sketch." True to her word the drawing in the snow was just squiggly lines and circles.
"A sketch ey?" Poler commented. "How about we call you Sketch young one?"
She sat for another moment mulling it over, while drawing more lines in the snow, then she nodded.
"Well then Sketch, welcome to the land of the Farfrozen."
Her sketch, it was a snow flake.