Next level BEWARE!

Sketch-A ghost story of a "common" ghost
next level BEWARE!

By Inkygalaxycat

Sketch stayed in the small hut, by her bed, on the ground. She didn't dare to go back out. If she ran into Frost or anyone, she didn't know what would happen next, and that, that made her worry. She stared at where her hand were, cupped with a small ball of red swirling in her invisible grasp.
She gave a small smile under her bandana, but it was very small. After all her practice and training it was in these moments she could keep a ball of ectoplasm together? It made her feel sad and slightly proud of herself. But mostly sad.
She looked up after a moment to silently stare at the wall. She wondered about how she did what she did. How could it be done again. Could she make a shield?
At that thought Sketch looked back to the ball of ectoplasm, in her invisible hands and moved her hands apart, trying to make the ectoplasm spread. After a few tries she manages to get it from being a small ball to a small square. "I guess this will have to do." She whispered before dismissing the ectoplasm with a sigh. She looked to a side table that had been out there for her using. She had place the little ice sculpture on it some time ago with a smile, but now, all she could do is stare blankly at it.
"Maybe... a drawing." She muttered and began to light draw on the ground with her finger with her red eyes glazed over.
A circle here, a few curved lines, a few more circles, now some jagged lines, some rectangles around the out side with some other shapes on the inside of it, more circles this time one for each rectangle, some of them then had a looped around line.
Some of the previous line had formed multiple triangular shapes at the top and bottom. The top triangles were more decorative ones compared to the harsher jagged ones at the bottom.
Slowly she lost her self in her drawing on the ground as she continued.
A few more lines with swirls more circles here and there then she moves onto other parts. A new circle here and more lines swirling away with small curls and mini stars. A few more like the item she just drew appear but with different details.

She blinked and shook her head and looked at the drawing she had been working on for the past while. How long she had just been there sketching was unknown to her.
Sketch yawned slightly and then looked at her drawing again. It was some weirdly shaped floating thing with a bunch of snow flakes. It kinda reminded her of an... island? She wasn't fully sure. She then sighed. Maybe she could find somewhere else to hide. Surely they would have realised she was here and now they would be waiting.
She looked to the door with wide red eyes. Would they be outside and she not even realise it?
Sketch stood up and floated she wasn't planing to be here if they broke in. They wouldn't do that right? Right?
For extra safety she turned invisible and intangible and floated towards the door. She slowly placed her head to the door and listened.
She didn't hear anything for a while so she went to open the door with a sigh of relief. Only that the door swung open by itself and Hoarfrost barged into her hut. In reaction she flew up and pressed against the roof.
"Sketch!" Hoarfrost yelled, asking for her. Taking moment to recollect herself she stayed pressed up against the roof, sure her dress's skirt was hanging down a bit because skirt fabrics do that, but other then that she felt that nothing else could cause her to be caught. "Come on Sketch I know you're in here." Hoarfrost said tapping their large foot on the ground impatiently.
Now she panicked slightly, then she held back a giggle, this was like a game of hide and seek.
Hoarfrost looked around and narrowed their gaze at the drawing Sketch had been working on. "By ancients...is that..." Hoarfrost started then walked over to it to get a better look.
Sketch quickly desided that now would be the time to run so, in the short moment that Hoarfrost was distracted she flew down and out the doorway. "It's our realm! Sketch!"
Sketch looked back for a moment confused at what Hoarfrost yelled out. Realm? ...our realm? What?
She shook her head and kept flying. She felt like it was time to explore.
She stoped flying when the snow made it hard to see and continued on walking.
It was nice walking she noted but something didn't feel right. She tried to place a finger on what was causing her the uneasiness but couldn't figure it out. She soon settled back into floating along the frozen landscape till she reached the very edge.
Sketch stood in awe at the green skies and floating land with the purple doors everywhere. Sure she saw it when she first formed but this, this was different, it even felt different, like something was pulling her out to go and explore. She looked back and squinted to peer through the snow. She could only see white.
It wouldn't hurt to explore right? She would return later. It's not like looking for a huge white area in greens and purples would be hard.
She floated up leaving the large land of white and floated away. She felt a mixture of emotions flash through her and grip at her core. Excitement, nervousness, playfulness, regret, happiness, wonder and fear.
Hoarfrost and Frostbite was so gonna end her when she returned. Sketch then giggled.
"I'm going on an adventure!" She cheered and flew faster through the ghost zone. She looked at everything she went past, the way the floating paths curved and ran off in many directions with no end, the many purple doors with intriguing and wonderful patterns and symbols decorating the wood and door handles of every shape and size imaginable, and how the floating lands all had their own attitude, shapes and colours with intriguing plants and spikes hanging down underneath these lands. She couldn't figure out if she was over whelmed or just plain excited, but what ever it was she was happy and couldn't wait to find out more! She wanted to draw it all!
Sketch floated around looking at everything with awe with out actually looking at where she was going. It wasn't long before she became lost and floated into someone.
"U-uh sorry!" She apologised quickly. A rather short ghost, themed with blues and greys stared back at her for a moment before throwing his arms up into the air.
"BEWARE! For! I am the Boxghost. FEAR ME!" He yelled, which resulted in her blinking and giggling.
"I'm Sketch. Nice to meet you." She greeted with a smile that showed in her eyes. The Boxghost dropped his arms to his side.
"No! You are meant to run in COMPLETE FEAR of ME!" He yelled with a pout.
She blinked again. Fear? Okay?
"Why though?" She asked tilting her head to the side a bit. The Boxghost blinked this time.
"Because I am super powerful and control all things rectangular and square!" He responded adding another "BEWARE!" At the end.
"Okay." She giggled. "But I don't see anything that is rectangular or square." She pointed out. The Boxghost looked around then looked back at her with wide eyes.
"YOU are right! I DON'T HAVE ANY RECTANGULAR OR SQUARE CONTRAPTIONS WITH ME!!" He yelled aura shifting slightly.
She frowned slightly. What was that shift? The glowing around Boxghost had brightened with something being given off but... what was it?
"Perhaps we can go find some." She suggested gaining her smile again. The Boxghost thought for a moment before nodding.
"YES! Then I can show you MY INCREDIBLE POWER OVER ALL THINGS RECTANGULAR AND SQUARE!" He yelled excitedly.
She smile and giggled slightly.
"Okay!" She cheered and then both the ghosts flew around looking for boxes.
After spending a bit of time together looking for rectangular and square things they ended up stopping as Boxghost told her about his many, many, many adventures.
It was mostly about other ghosts fearing him with his amazing power over all things rectangular and square and all the times he escaped other ghost's capture. The whole time Sketch listened intently imagining these stories of wonder in her head.
"Your adventures sounds really amazing Boxy." She commented using a nickname on Boxghost. He grinned and puffed out his chest with pride.
"THANK YOU SKETCH! You're complement is lovely too!" He thanked beaming happily.  She giggled and nodded, she just wondered when would the Boxghost would tell something that is completely true? She voiced her question slowly after a moment.
The Boxghost's grin then faltered slightly.
"I-I don't understand Sketch." He stumbled out.
"I can tell, what you tell is partly what happened, but... some of it isn't. How would a she.. sera? Sheith?" She stumbled trying to figure out a new word Boxghost had told her.
"Serif." He said helping her pronounce it correctly.
"Thank you! Serif. Serif. How would a serif ghost not keep hold if his prisoners if his obsession is to keep prisoners?" She asked tilting her head at the Boxghost.
"Uhhh..." the Boxghost started. "I already told you! I control ALL things RECTANGULAR AND SQUARE! NONE OF THESE SILLY CUBES will hold ME back! BEWARE!" He continued with a look of slightly hurt pride and defiantly over confidence.
"But his obsession is to keep others locked away. Wouldn't having them escape cause him to break his obsession?" She asked watching Boxghost's face carefully.
The Boxghost scratched at his head with a confused look.
"I am afraid I don't know much on breaking obsessions. Sorry." He uttered still looking confused. She nodded.
"It's okay, I don't ether." She then giggled. "I only know what I've been told."
The Boxghost nodded this time.
"So you are a new ghost then?" He asked.
"Yeah." She replied hesitantly.
"Cool!" Boxghost yelled throwing his arms up into the air. "Then I will teach you EVERYTHING there is about BOXES AND RECTANGULAR AND SQUARE CONTRAPTIONS!" He started gaining a happy look while he went back to ranting about boxes. She giggled reminding Boxghost where he was. "Oh! Right. AND anything you don't know about the GHOST ZONE!"
"Thank you." She thanked smiling, which showed in her eyes.
"No problem Sketch!" He grinned floating up. "I have to show you the best other GHOST EVER!!" He yelled getting excited again.
"Okay." She answered floating up too. "What's their name?" She asked as the Boxghost lead her off further into the Ghost zone.
"Lunchlady! BEWARE!" The Boxghost answered. He then proceeded to tell her about the Lunchlady.  Soon Sketch had an idea of what this Lunch themed ghost looked like. White hair with pink and white clothing that a "cafeteria lady" would wear in a "cafeteria" (what ever that was, she didn't know, she had no clue what a cafeteria was so that didn't help.) she also had green skin and red eyes. He kept describing clothing items that she never heard of so she had to make them up. She eventually she decided that it would be easier to wait and see what Lunchlady looked like then build an image in her head, it didn't stop her from coming up with ideas as to what she looked like though. Soon Boxghost pointed excitedly at a door and flew faster. Sketch flew after the blue and grey ghost closely and looked around.
"What are we doing?" She asked as Boxghost knocked on the door.
"Seeing Lunch lady!" He yelled excitedly. She nodded and watched the door.
When the door opened she blinked and floated back in shock. The door was slammed open and a angry lady ghost came out yelling.
"Who is it!?"
The Boxghost yelled a quick greeting and the two ghosts then chatted in a loud peacefulness that it all had happened so fast she didn't see it happen.
She blinked again as the other ghost and the Boxghost hugged before the other one flew off.
"Uh... was I meant to do something?" She asked slowly. Boxghost shrugged and floated where he was.
"Lunchlady left now anyway. Too late! BEWARE!" The Boxghost replied with a laugh. She smiled.
"Okay."

The Boxghost had showed her a small proportion of the Ghost zone which she was greatfull for before Hoarfrost startled the two from their peaceful nap on a floating rock. She screamed while Boxghost yelled beware again and a few threats with rectangle and square items at the FarFrozen, who wasn't happy and shuued him away.
"Sketch, where have you been?" Hoarfrost demanded once Boxy had hidden away from them. She looked up to Hoarfrost and blinked.
"Exploring..." She whispered.
"Next time make sure you have someone to keep you safe till we know you can defend yourself." Hoarfrost huffed and picked her up with no effort much to her dismay, then swung her over the furred shoulder.
"H-Hoarfrost! Put me d-down!" She stammered shocked by the ghost's actions.
"Not till we get back home missy." Hoarfrost answered. She whined and slumped, letting Hoarfrost carry her with ease since she had no point fighting. Or was there? She grinned slightly from under her bandana letting her eyes twinkle with mischief. "You have no clue how worried you made us worry. If fact I'm going to ground you for this."
"Ground me?" She questioned. "What's that?"
"You really don't know?" Hoarfrost asked.
"No." She murmured waiting for the right time.
"It's a form of punishment. You will not be aloud to leave an area for a certain time period." Hoarfrost explained.
"That sound terrible." She whispered.
"It is effective though." Hoarfrost replied with a smirk.
"Because of how boring it must be to be grounded." She commented with a giggle making Hoarfrost scoff.
"Now you're just back talking."
"What's back talking?" She asked, Hoarfrost groaned.
"How does someone as smart as you know so little?" Hoarfrost complained.
"Because I don't remember much?" She suggested looking for the Boxghost.
"Even so you should remember logical things automatically." Hoarfrost replied.
"Really?" She asked tilting her head at the FarFrozen.
"Unless that is a formed ghost from another's energy thing only... Hoarfrost pondered becoming lost in thought.
She then used this moment to turn intangible and fly down onto the ground out of Hoarfrost hold and then back. Hoarfrost shouted in surprise after realising she had escaped the fluffy giant's grasp. Somewhere in the background Boxghost cheered Sketch on with loud "BEWARE!"s and so the game of hide and seek tag began. Only this time they had a new playing field.