Nakama

Swordsman

Roronoa Zoro laughed as his mind reeled from Luffy's (his captain, he's reminds himself) most recent revelation.

That tiny dinghy was their "ship."

Zoro expresses his incredulity easily enough, and their conversation continues until the marines arrive and oh-so-politely and gratefully kicks them off the island. Being on opposing sides of the law, he supposed it makes sense. Weirdest thank-you he's ever seen though. So, they (he and Luffy) left.

Oh, of course, not before Luffy beat up Coby to have the kid try to do so in return to prove that they were not, in fact, friends to the marines. It was honestly utter bullshit to him, when leaving and simply saying that they weren't friends would probably have the same effect.

It was all proven pointless though, because as Luffy waved farewell to the short, pink-haired nerd on the harbor, it was obvious to everyone that the two were friends. The Marine guy didn't even seem to mind! Again, pointless.

Now it was night though. There wasn't any food in their small boat, but that was fine. They ate a lot of food only half an hour previous. They could last a night. This brings Zoro to where he is now. Luffy was already asleep on the opposite side of the boat to him, snoring away. Zoro, like he's often found himself doing every time before he dozed off to sleep, reflects on his day. He closes his eyes, knowing that after so long of being a more or less neutral party when it came to crime and the law, piracy was going to take a bit of time to adjust to.

Then the boat rocks ever so slightly, as if someone new stepped on, and Zoro's gaze shoots up, casting a guarded gaze on the stranger who suddenly appeared before him and a sleeping Luffy.

The person is short, and likely male. He wore all dark colors and shades, except for the dulled metal guards strapped to his forearms and shins. The dark cloak reached the newcomer's knees, and the hood obscured his face completely, even when he faced the moonlight. On his hands were fingerless gloves and on his feet were open-toed boots. Odd. And somewhat familiar...?

"Who are you?" Zoro asked, grip still on his katana. The stranger cocked his head and brought his fingers to his chin in mock-contemplation, then shook his head. Zoro made to stand but the stranger then pointed to Luffy's sleeping form. Zoro looked at his Captain, eyes shaded by the straw hat the kid was fond of, and then back to the stranger, now slightly confused. The stranger then bowed politely, and Zoro was sure he heard a thank you as the person straightened, sending him a cheerful two finger salute as he faced away and vanished, leaving in a puff of smoke. Like a ninja or something.

(Elsewhere, an author snorted, and continued writing in amusement.)

Sniper

Usopp gazed at the ocean, as the waves reflecting the moon as it watched over the ocean in silent tranquility. He was alone on the deck of the Going Merry, having climbed out of the Men's Bunk to use the bathroom. The sun had long since set — it was the middle of the night after all — and the Sniper just had to take a moment to look out on the ocean and believe it. He was not on his home island. This was legit the middle of the ocean. He was finally doing it! He was on his way to achieving his dream! It was still a little hard to believe, it still felt so surreal. The gentle rocking of their ship, the smell of salt and the feel of the firm wood on the railings, it felt all too real.

The sniper turned away from the pretty sight to return to his sleep (he expected to wake up in his house again somehow, the last two days being all a dream) when he froze and let out a cry of shock when he came face to face with someone right behind him.