Mr. Six and Ms. All-Sunday

Once everyone was on board, the ship set off. Nami, not willing to explain the situation, simply "persuaded" Usopp and Sanji to go along with what they were doing (she knocked them out to shut them up).

Sanji, who was pleased with his discovery of their new female companion, didn't mind at all. Usopp, confused and frustrated, decided to go ask Luffy instead. Vivi leaned by the mast in deep thought. All was generally calm as the Going Merry set sail to leave behind the person who blew up Igaram's ship.

"How lucky, we managed to lose our assailants."

"Yeah!" Nami replied with relief. "Hopefully the next island will be more peaceful."

"Make sure the ship doesn't hit any shallow waters as we leave port." The woman reminded.

"Maa, I'm sure they got it handled." Her companion drawled in a familiar voice. Nami grinned at the statement.

"Yup, no need to worry, everything's handled!" She responded. She glanced at Luffy beside her. "Um.... Luffy, did you say that? Vivi?"

"Ah? I didn't say that." Luffy looked at her blankly.

"Neither did I..." Vivi agreed.

"What a slow bunch you are." The lazier voice sounded. "But I suppose that's fine. It'll be easy to beat you."

"Fufu...Confident, aren't you? Mr. Six."

"Me? What about you, boarding their ship so calmly?"

There were two figures upon the balcony of the upper deck. Nami instantly recognized the hooded, faceless figure of Kakashi—Mr. Six, she reminded herself, standing on the railing beside a seated woman dressed in a purple cowgirl getup. Instantly, most of the crew was on guard, drawing weapons at the two. Including, to her surprise, Sanji, with a gun. Of course however, it was aimed at the male figure of Kakashi instead of the woman. The woman looked far from phased, and Kakashi seemed to lean back and let the strange woman take the spotlight.

"Don't point such dangerous things at me." The woman smiled benignly.

——————-Kakashi's Perspective

The rest of the confrontation was tuned out in favor of flipping out his Icha Icha Paradise substitute: Pirate Booty.

His new novel had such a scandalous name in hot pink and red that Kakashi just had to buy it. It wasn't as brilliant as Jiraiya's work, but it would do nicely. The plot was intriguing, where a pretty woman must go undercover to become rich and rule the world. Conversation seemed to have died down, and a subtle glance at the scene revealed the Eternal Pose they had brought for the crew was broken on the ground. What a waste. Kakashi flips a page.

"wHAT ARE YOU READING?!"

Ah...

Kakashi glanced up from the pages of his novel and down to Nami on the lower deck.

"Hm?"

"T-that book!" The navigator's face was a mix between livid and scandalized. "You can't be reading that...that..."

"'Garbage?' 'Trash?' 'Insult against all women?'" Kakashi supplies before he returned to reading his book, not bothering to continue. Yeah, he'd heard it all before...but Anko seemed to like Icha Icha Paradise, so maybe not so much that last one.

"Yes! Those! All of those!" Nami exclaimed, looking offended. "First off, you're underaged! Second, have you no shame?! Third, this is an enemy ship to you, right?? And also—!"Kakashi didn't know what her problem was. It wasn't like she was reading it... oh. Maybe that was the problem.

"I'll lend it to you for 150 beli." He interrupted, flipping a page. "I'm feeling generous—"

"NO!"

"You're right. It has some pictures. 250 beli." Kakashi offered again without missing a beat. The navigator's face practically lit up as bright as her hair.

"I don't WANT your porn!" Nami exclaimed, to which Kakashi's cheeks were dusted a faint pink as he corrected her.

"Its a romance novel, for your information." He replies in a clipped, offended tone.

Luffy was already laughing, while the rest of his crew minus Sanji, Nami, and the princess were exasperated at the situation. Vivi seemed just as scandalized as Nami, though she seemed to let the Navigator handle things.

Then there was Sanji, who kept giving the book not too subtle glances.

"Our business is done here, then." All-Sunday stood. "Let's return to Alabasta."

Kakashi snapped his book shut as All-Sunday leaped from the railing to her turtle ride beside the ship. "Have it for free anyway. Pay me back later." He smiled and winked at the group of pirates before tossing his book to them, resulting in a loud thud against the wooden deck. With that, Kakashi left to join All-Sunday on her turtle ride to the main ship. Of course, it probably wasn't hers, but there was no way she made the entire journey from Alabasta to Whiskey Peak in one trip on such little space. Once in open waters, Nico Robin finally voiced her worry.

"I'm trusting you on this...gamble of yours, Mr. Six." The woman met his gaze.

Kakashi smiled at the woman, and didn't respond other than that.

Author's Note:
Okay, waaayyy shorter than what was originally intended. I WAS going to include Kakashi's joining of the organization rift after that, but...I want to fix the way I write the characters...do them Justice, in a way, and that means, well, at least to me, that I need to learn more about them, where I wanted this to go, and how to write a slow-burn story.

This leads to revising my already-finished chapters. Not published, but I was rereading this and...felt off, in a way.

So I'm off in my adventure to write better! Summer vacation is here, and I have lots of things planned (both here and in my life) so...hiatus.

Next Chapter though, "Mr. Six and Ms. All-Sunday, part two"