Chapter Five

search: the johnson twins funny moments

"are we siblings?"
"he's my ugly step sister"

"where did we meet?"
"in our mother's stomach"

"do we have a triplet?"
"max ate him in the womb"
"no i didn't stop saying that"
"he really went yummy yummy"
"oscar stop it"
"i bet he was delicious"

"sometimes i feel self conscious about the way i look"
"oscar we have the same face"

E M E R Y

i never knew the twins had a youtube channel, until that video was recommended to me.

after almost two hours binge watching their channel i walked down the stairs of the penthouse in the morning, immediately being met with the sight of hugo sitting on the outdoor table, a cigar between his lips.

it's crazy how different hannon and hugo are.

hannon, has never touched a substance in his life. is in longtime relationship, owns his own legal company.

hugo, it's self explanatory.

"why're you staring?" hugo asked as i blinked. "want some?"

"my mom would decapitate me"

"that's apart of the fun" he smirked.

i rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. walking through the open floor planned penthouse as i made my way to the kitchen to steal some orange juice and snacks before i was rudely interrupted from my adventure.

"hannon!" i jumped at the sight of him.

the twenty four year old was playing 'i'm walking on sunshine' as he danced in the penthouses kitchen with an apron on and some jeans.

"you have your own place you know" i put my hand over my heart.

"but cooking in this house feels different!" he yelled over the music, turning it down in the process.

"it's not worth the heart problems!" i called back, going into the refrigerator to get some breakfast cereal.

i suddenly felt very self conscious taking the food in front of the oldest step brother.

"hey! i'm making eggs and bacon sandwiches for everyone. put down the cereal and wake the twins up"

"don't we have an intercom system for that?" i asked as i put back the lucky charms.

"dad took it out of their room because they would wake us all up at night" hannon shrugged. "just open the door, there's a horn somewhere in the hall. just blast that, it'll wake them up"

"fine but if i die it's on you" i mumbled, walking away.

the twins bedroom was the only one on the bottom floor, why? i have no idea.

i walked down the dimly lighted hallway, stopping outside of the closed door, a horn besides the frame.

i slowly picked it up, opening the bedroom door every so slightly as i flicked on the lights and let the horn blast.

instantly the two shot out of their messy beds, which were on opposite sides of the room.

"hannon made food!" i spoke, smiling as i ignored their glares.

they aren't morning people.

i don't blame them, but if i got to wake to food being cooked for me everyday- or in this case saturday- i think i would become one.

i smiled at ryeo as she exited one of the bathrooms, drying her hair with a towel as she wore one of hannon's long vintage t-shirts.

"hi emery" she spoke. "are you doing anything before you start your new school?"

"i was going to get the subway to bronx, spend some time with my friends" i shrugged. "what about you? anything exciting?"

"just meetings" she smiled politely.

the twins came tiredly out from the hall, jackson was freshly showered and walking down the oak staircase. hugo was coming inside from the large balcony as my mom and andrew were nowhere to be seen.

"dad and melissa had meetings today" hannon spoke. "so dad told me i have to watch the twins while he's gone"

"just because we threw one party, now we're grounded for life" max mumbled, accepting the sandwich from his oldest brother.

"maybe if you learned to not be so immature i wouldn't have to watch you" he retorted, giving off a sarcastic smile.

i thanked hannon as he gave me my own sandwich, sitting besides oscar at the kitchen island.

they have a large dining table, but we never use it, i'm sure it's just for thanksgiving, christmas and formal events because apparently rich people do those.

"did i hear you're going to bronx?" jackson asked, sitting on my other side.

"yeah" i replied as i nodded.

"can i join? we can get jeremy to drop us off and-"

"-i was just going to catch a train"

they all froze, stopping what they were doing to look at me.

"what have i done now?"

ryeo laughed at everyone's reactions, flicking her wet hair back as her laughs became muted due to her laughing so much.

as a nervous reaction i started laughing lightly as well.

"they've- never" the dark haired girl continued to laugh.

"-we've never been on a subway" hannon finished for his girlfriend.

"speak for yourselves" hugo mumbled, nudging me roughly as he smirked. "none of them have lived a fun life"

"illegal life" jackson snarkily replied, earning a threatening eyebrow raise from

immediately there were protests from around the kitchen island.

"fine then, i'm going with her" max crossed his arms.

"same!" oscar protested.

i sighed, letting my head hit against the marble counter.

it wasn't going to be a good day.

authors note
look at that 😎
double update