Chapter Eighteen

A U T H O R S
N O T E
so i changed emery and bree's face claims :)
emery: julianna leblanc
bree: mckenna tiziani

A N D R E W

"new evidence has come out suggesting that hugo johnson -andrew johnson's second born son- didn't kill quinn howard and francisco bloom out of spite, but actually self defence-"

-andrew paused the television that was in his office, answering the phone to his secretary.

"yes mary?"

"there's a lady on line two, she says you're her brother? her names margie belle"

the older man sighed, thanking mary and pressing the number two button.

"drew?" the familiar southern accent spoke through the phone.

"hello margaret"

andrews younger sister, margaret -margie- belle.

"i heard about hugo's appeal trial, everyone here is praying he's found innocent. we all know he is innocent of course-"

"-margaret i know that's not why you called" andrew interrupted his little sister, not meaning to sound so rude.

"grandma isn't doing so good"

"how much?" the millionaire swallowed, adjusting his circular reading glasses.

"nothing" margie responded softly. "she's home now, being made to feel 'comfortable' she's been asking for you"

"i can't come to ohio margie, with hugo and my companies-"

"-grandma's going to die soon andrew. you need to come home"

grandma lily, a strong hearted ninety one year old who has the heart of santa claus and the same cheekiness that oscar possesses.

"have you called pepper?" andrew asked.

"i have, she said she's not coming" margie replied, shushing a child in the background.

"i'll have to talk to my wife, i'll see what i can do"

he twisted in his office chair nervously, not knowing how his little sister will react to possibly two of her siblings not coming to say goodbye to their precious grandmother.

"okay" margie replied. "hopefully i will see you soon. if you aren't busy-"

"-marge i'm sorry. i have to go. i'll call you back soon"

he hung up the phone, leaving his little sister in the foreseeable silence.

but he never does call back.

when andrew first moved out to new york to improve and grow his renovation company, he made sure to visit his family in ohio for every holiday.

that was before he became a widower. his wife emily adored his side of the family, bringing their growing family to visit them all.

summer and winter break for the children were their most memorable time.

instead of going to amsterdam or france on vacation like their friends in school, they were going to ohio to help with their families jam business.

but it all ended when emily died.

it will be nine years in february, andrew's remarried now.

but he'll never forget his first love.

just like he'll always treasure his second wife and new step daughter.

life moves on..