Chapter Ten

H U G O

You're probably wondering why.

Why'd I shoot them? Why I didn't want Emery to get involved.. why I didn't run?

I wanted it to be over.

I'm twenty two, I've killed two people that can be proven. I'm involved with drug lords and the mafia, it was either turn myself in or get killed.

So I didn't mean to kill Quinn, she stepped in front of the gun.

To be clear, it wasn't my gun.

It was her boyfriends, the man I killed as well.

Him, Francisco.

I owed him money.. a lot of money.

Quinn had came to collect what I had for that months instalments for paying back my debt.

I didn't want Emery to be involved with my issues, she wasn't suppose to be involved.

I didn't want her to even be a witness, but she had other ideas.

"I want a lawyer for my son" My dad demanded as I sat in the police station with handcuffs around my wrists.

"I don't want a lawyer" I must've said for the hundredth time in those six hours I had been there. "I killed them. I shot them dead, I'm guilty"

J A C K S O N

I had just came back from my breakfast date with Bree, I had dropped my car at the mechanics to have my car lights fixed.

But when I started to approach my home, I saw Emery being escorted out by officers.

Later I found out my second oldest brother had taken two peoples lives.

I didn't understand.

I couldn't understand.

Hugo was 'troubled' that was always what my dad and aunt had said.

But I would've never thought he would become a murderer.

One of my hero's, someone I looked up too.. a murderer?

Dad calmly told Hannon to take us to our townhouse down on 61st street for the night after everyone had been questioned.

He did as our dad asked, piling all of our brothers and Emery into one of his many cars and starting the short distance to our rarely new townhouse.

Hannon made us a late lunch/early dinner, although none of us ate much.

We were all too in shock.

Oscar and Max decided to sleep in the same room that same night, I didn't want to be alone either, so I stayed up in the kitchen with Hannon and Emery.

Our parents weren't back yet, Hugo wasn't coming back.

"Here's some tea" Hannon placed a mug in front of Emery.

He placed a mug in front of me too, but I didn't drink it.

"Aunt Pepper is coming tomorrow" Hannon continued. "As well as Frankie and William"

Emery slowly sipped the tea, her eyes staring blankly forward.

"Does Frankie really have to come?" I complained. " 'My dad died and left me his company' well Franks, my mom died and left me with therapy"

Hannon raised his eyebrow, Emery looked at me cautiously.

"Do you need to speak to Doctor Richard again?" My oldest brother asked.

"Probably" I shrugged.

Our mom died when I was nine, car accident.

She had picked me up from football practice since it ended early due to the rain.

I had annoyed her, kicking the back of her seat with my muddy football shoes.

I didn't listen when she told me to stop.
I didn't care when she first accidentally swerved the car.

I should've cared.

My mom swerved again, this time much harsher, trying to avoid the other vehicles on the road.

Front first into an office building.

I don't remember much after that.

"It's getting late, go to bed" Hannon patted my shoulder.

I hadn't realised he moved and was now standing next to me.

I nodded.

"Thank you for the tea"

E M E R Y

Jackson wondered up the stairs and out of view, I turned my head back to Hannon who was drinking his brothers untouched tea.

He sat besides me.

"I don't know what you saw, or what happened to you. But I'm here if you need to talk, or to cry" He smiled as I did as well. "And I'm sorry for what you possibly saw and had to go through. I wouldn't be able to understand how hard that is to process"

"It was scary" I swallowed as I drank the tea. "One minute he was fine and then the next Hugo had shoved me into my room and locked the door"

I wanted to tell Hannon the truth.

Someone the truth.

Hugo isn't a scary person, I don't know why he shot them but he had to have had a reason..

"And then.. the gunshots" I faked a cry, putting my hand over my mouth.

"You don't have to talk about it" He whispered, pulling me into a side hug.

I hugged him back.

And in that moment, I felt like I really had a brother to rely on.