( XVIII ) | CAROL DANVERS

YOU AND CAROL LIKED TO WATCH SUNSETS BEFORE AFTER TRAINING

YOU AND CAROL LIKED TO WATCH SUNSETS BEFORE AFTER TRAINING. IT WAS THE MOMENTS YOU'D BOTH CHERISH FOREVER. IT HAD BEEN SUCH A LONG TIME SINCE THE BOTH OF YOU HAD BEEN TO THE BASE.

THE SOFT RADIANCE OF THE SUN AS IT SUBMERGED BEHIND THE CLOUDS, ENHANCING THE GLOW ON CAROL'S AS HER EYES CLOSED WHILE BREATHING SLOWLY, TAKING IT ALL IN.

"You ever wish things could just stay like this?"

"Like what?"

"The peacefulness, I guess. It's such a delicate thing that becomes easily ruined and I'd like it if, for once, the world would just . . . cooperate, would just be in harmony."

"You ask a lot of the world, Danvers," you chuckled, amused by Carol's wish.

"The world asks a lot of me, too, so why can't I ask something back?"

"You're too good for it, that's why. Perhaps, there's a world out there where world peace exists."

"Care to join me?" Carol held her hand out for you to hold and you took it, the two of you smiling.

"Always and forever."

"Jesus where the hell have you been?"

"Having breakdowns?"

"Oh shit . . . well have you seen Endgame?"

"Three times, Wade. That shit really added to my depression and my dick appointment got cancelled and I won't be seeing my man for a week."

"Damn you have a boyfriend now! Hey if he ever fucks up, I'll slice him up like a sushi roll."

"Sure thing, Wade."