What?!

Stephanie's P.O.V

"Can I have your attention please, thank you"

"Now all of you are hard workers, and I honestly wish that I didn't have to do this, but today is your last day of work, the diner is practically bankrupt and we're going out of business. Sadly, you also won't get a paycheck for this last week because we have no money. I'm sorry guys."

That, was when my whole life went downhill.

---------

"So, what are you going to do... you know about," says Tara, a.k.a my best friend

"I'll just explain to him what happened. Hopefully, he will understand." I say

"Understand? Are you batshit crazy? He won't understand one bit. You'll be lucky if you make it out of their alive." Tara says

"Well, what am I supposed to do? Huh? I've got nowhere to go, no money, parents that won't talk to me, much less even look at me." I say

"I told you, you can crash at my place, for as long as you need. I won't mind. After all, what are best friends for?" 

"Even if I did," I say "I don't have any clothes with me, and I refuse to stay in these clothes all damn day. I've worn them enough"

Tara replies, "We can go sneak into your apartment, Jack shouldn't be home at this time. Usually, he's drunk out of his mind, and if he is home, he'll more than likely be sleeping. Trust me on this one. And, he won't even know you're at my place, because he doesn't even know I exist." 

"Ok, fine. But if this plan backfires, I will literally kill you." I say

"I look forward to it," says Tara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, so all we have to do is sneak in, pack a suitcase, write a note saying that your relationship is over, sneak back out, get in the car, and ride into the light of sweet, sweet freedom This is gonna be epic," says Tara

"Tara, you make it seem so easy," I say

"Well, that's because it is, all you have to do is sneak in, pack a suitcase, write a note saying that your relationship is over, sneak back out, get in the car, and ride into the light of sweet, sweet freedom. That's literally it. C'mon, you got this. And it's about time you got out of that shitty ass relationship. I have no idea what you even saw in him. He was a cheating, abusive scumbag. Now, C'mon, let's go get this over with, so we can go celebrate your freedom."

"You're crazy, you know that. But, it's about time I put my foot down and said enough is enough. Let's do this. Wait here, and I'll go. If I'm not back in 15 minutes, drive and call the police. Got it?" I say

"Aye, aye, captain. and remember, all you have to do is sneak in, pack a suitcase, write a-"

I cut her off, "I am aware of the plan Tara, you've been reciting it like a poem since we started driving here. Just act as a lookout and make sure you don't see Jake, if you do, tell me immediately. And after-"

This time she cut me off, "15 minutes if you don't come back drive away and call the police, blah, blah, blah. Just hurry up already."

"Ok, let's do this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into my apartment, greeted with the usual trash and beer/alcohol bottles. How have I lived here for 2 years, in this filth? Now that I am thinking about it, I'm pretty ashamed of where I have been living. It's now or never.

I pack my suitcase and backpack with all the clothes I could fit and all my personal items. But then I think, I want to get away from this crappy ass life I've been living. Which means that I am gonna change my wardrobe and the way I live my life. No more letting people walk all over me and dictate how I live my life. I may not have gone to college, but I'm pretty sure I can secure a job somewhere. 

I pack only my ripped jeans, skirts, dress shirts, sneakers, flats, and hoodies. It may seem like it was a lot, but I really didn't have much, so I packed the things I loved the most. I put my phone charger, tablet, and laptop into my backpack and grabbed my skateboard. I made sure I had all of my headphones, and put my guitar in its case. 

"Now all I have to do is write that note. God help me."

Dear Jake, 

        This a letter to you, informing you that I am leaving. I am leaving you and this place I had to call home. Don't bother looking for me, because you won't find me, and even if you do, I don't want you in my life. You did nothing but hurt me, and abuse me. (You're lucky I'm not reporting you) You took my money so you could go have fun with all your dumbass friends. Well, I'm over that. I can't stand the way you act. You need to grow the fuck up. And when you finally learn how to be a man, maybe then you'll understand. But for now, I am grateful for only one thing, and that is that I never gave you the one thing that you wanted. So, you can go tell all of your hoes, that I left you, and that you won't have me around to try to put you in order. Have fun with all your sluts, and I hope you die of AIDS or a drug overdose. Maybe both, that'd be nice. 

                            I'll Hate You Forever,

                                               Stephanie

I'm about to go back to the car, when Tara texts me saying she sees Jake, in his drunken state as usual. I put the note on the table, and go down the back stairs. I see Jake go through the lobby and up the stairs, the coast is clear. I go to the manager and tell him that Jake is now responsible for paying the rent. And, if he asks, you didn't see me. The manager says good luck to me, and I hop into the car with Tara.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me as we drove away. But I couldn't help feeling that it wasn't over. And that Jake was going to come back, no matter how hard I tried to push him away.

But right now, I couldn't think negative things. I got out of that shithole, and now I have to work on finding a job. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, guys,

The first chapter is up. I should have the second and third chapter up by the end of the week. Maybe I'll put up the fourth if I'm feeling really ambitious. But comment on what you think, and let me know if you guys want to see anything happen. I have a timeline going that I've worked out, but I really want to hear what you guys think. So comment and give me some feedback. Thx