Thirty four// Family moments

Travis Jenkins was sitting on his daughters bed, holding a picture of his dead wife.

"I'm so sorry, April. From the moment you left our lives, I've been an irresponsible parent, I know that. No matter how many times I came home, I didn't even realized that our little girl was missing. My mind is always at work, it's all I can think. I left Elaine out of my life and now I don't know where she is. She can be in danger or even worse, dead."

"What am I going to do if I lose her to, April? I can't lose you both. She's all I have left from you."

"If you were here, you'd probably say to me to not worry, that she's fine. But you're not here and I just hope that, for one moment you could  be back just to see your face and here your voice one last time. But I can't, and I really have to find Elaine, so I won't disappoint you. I'm not going to  let you down."

~

Amber Powell came back from work and looked for her husband. "Curtis!" she yelled.

"I'm here baby!" Curtis said back.

Amber walked into their room and saw him there, watching a movie, next to a bottle of wine. "Our son is missing and you're sitting here drinking and watching movies?"

"Look, Amber it started at grief drinking but now, I'm a little drank and I started watching movies, ya know?" he giggled.

"Whatever Curtis, you are so irresponsible!" Amber said again "I can't believe you always end up drunk."

She left the room and closed the door. She took out her phone, while sitting on the couch and dialed the number Mr. Ortiz had given her. After some waiting, Mr. Ortiz picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, officer Ortiz, I am Amber Powell Timothy's mother." she explained.

"Oh hello Mrs. Powell." he greeted again "I am guessing you want to know about Timothy's case?"

"Yes, please."

"Well, he's friends Jacqueline Lawson and Don Evans told us everything they knew, but they had a fight exactly the day you said it was the last time you saw him." he started.

"Now Elaine Jenkins is the girl we're looking for because she is probably the one who actually knows what happened to your son, but when I called her father to bring her here, he reported that she was missing too, and she was gone exactly two weeks just like Timothy." he finished.

"So you think that Elaine and Timmy are together?"

"Well, I suppose, because of them being best friends. It could be pretty possible."

"Did you ask Don and Jacqueline about Elaine?" she asked again.

"No, not yet. But we are going to do it as soon as possible."

"Okay thank you very much, officer."

"Your welcome." Mr. Ortiz said and hang up.

~

"Jacqueline!" Carol yelled "Come to the kitchen please!"

Jacqueline closed her phone and walked to the kitchen silently. "What happened mom?"

"Mr. Ortiz called, you know the police officer, he wants you there again tomorrow morning." she explained.

"What for? I told him everything about Tim." Jacqueline said getting nervous.

What if they knew?

"I don't know, he said he'll explain in person. My guess is he either needs more information or there's something else." Carol said.

"Something else?" Jacqueline asked.

"Anyways, you should just go there, tomorrow morning. Your father can give you a ride, and now come and sit with us. We're having dinner."

She walked to the table and saw her father, Charles and her brother, Nathan sitting on both sides of the table.

"Hello, darling." Charles said.

"Hi dad, hi Nathan." she said.

Nathan gave her a wave and she sat down next to him.

Carol sat down next to her husband, bringing the food with her.

"Okay guys, let's eat!" she said and gave a piece to everyone.

~

"Don, are you sure you and Jacqueline aren't doing anything illegal?" Monica Evans asked her son again.

"Mum! I told you like a million times, Jacqueline and I aren't doing anything! We are not doing anything illegal! We are doing nothing." Don said.

"Then why did the police call again?" Monica asked "For Tim?"

"I suppose so. I mean they didn't find him yet."

"I suppose you're right." Monica said "But again, there's no excuse for your fight with Tim."

"What was it about?" Camille asked, coming out of nowhere.

"Cam- That is none of your business, okay?" Don said "And what are you doing here, I thought you were sleeping?"

"I can't sleep, if you are yelling now, can I?" Camille said sarcastically.

"Fine, whatever." Don said.

"Wait, Don!" Monica said "What was the fight about?" she asked quickly.

"That's none of your business!" he yelled while leaving the living room.

~

"Do you really think, they will find us?" Jack asked.

"I really want to believe it. I hope Jacqueline and Don went to the police and said everything." Elaine explained.

"If the police finds us, I'm probably going to jail." he said.

"What do you mean?" Elaine asked "I mean yeah, you're a drug dealer, but you were dragged in here without your will, if you say that they'll let you go."

"You really think that?"

"Totally." Elaine smiled. "We are so close to getting out of here."

"We're going to be fine."

"I know, we are."

Hello luvs!

Ooh, this was a family moments kinda chapter, the next chapter is going to be a little unexpected and BOOM BOOM like the ones when Tim died.

Anyways, have a great day or night and see you on the next chapter.

xxx frufraki