Chapter 9

Furihata's POV

 [I stood quietly, gazing at Akashi. The first sentence threw me off quite a bit, and I bit my lip, blushing. How could I not, honestly? Akashi was sincerely amazing, to be liked by him was definitely an accomplishment by my books. I thought about confirming to him we feel the same, but well... I'm not ready for that, I guess. To tell him, that is. It was kind of embarrassing, and I really didn't want him to take it the wrong way or something... I mean.. I'm not even sure what to make of my feelings.

However, when he asked for details about my dreams I relaxed. Yeah, we should talk about that. I sat on the couch near him and spoke.] 

"Ah, well... most of my dreams include your murder's crime scene.. they always recreate the way you died. I saw you practice shoots. There's sudden footsteps behind you and you become alert... before you know it, someone with a black hoodie and pants enters, comes up to you, and... slashes your throat." 

[I kind of felt bad to bring it up but I had to.]

"I remember the murderer has slightly tanned skin, that he's a bit short, and he had white sleeves on his hoodie like an idiot. Does it brings up anything to you? Usually from here I only see the ball you clutched, rolling on the floor..."   

Akashi's POV

[I nodded understandingly and sighed, repositioning myself on the sofa so I could look at him as I did my explanation.] 

"The man who killed me was no certain person any of us should know about. It is one of the Yakuza that messed with the Akashi family. My death is supposedly the punishment for our house's partake. Rest assured, nothing wrong will occur to you." 

[Taking a few deep breaths, I tried to rest my head back only to have it sink through the material. I straightened my sitting position, scowling angrily. This is beginning to be more than annoying to handle with.] 

"What you saw in your dream is exactly the way I was murdered. My only assumption is that I've become a ghost after not finishing my part at the living world." 

[I tried to make the situation clear and give him all the information I knew at the moment to have him satisfied. It was rude of me to get him into my mess after all. As I searched for understanding on his face, I caught something else, less expected.

 He was blushing. Was it because of what I said before? As I thought, he took it romantically. Well, I think I owe him all I can give for involving him in this scandal. I wouldn't mind pretending, but how much can a ghost do as a lover?

 ...I'll give it a try. I owe him.] 

"Did I make things clear? I hope I did. Seeing you conflicted honestly pains me. I..."

[My hand raised, supposedly brushing by his cheek as I leaned closer. I knew he wouldn't feel it, but the gesture and my concerned expression will do the trick.] 

"...I only wish to protect you, Furihata."   

Furihata's POV

 [I think the moment his hand appeared to be sitting on my cheek, I went flammable. I mean, what the hell? A very, very handsome ghost, just apparently caressed me, and told me he wanted to protect me. I was really actually touched, and my heart rate increased slightly. Though honestly, if he was alive right now, I would probably become  a poddle of goo, dying, because... I think I just got myself a crush.

Which is kind of sad, because he's dead, but... I might as well, knowing I'd be with him for all time now until he passes.] 

"I... thank you. However I still want to help if I can... if you want me to relay any message or anything, at least that..."

 [Then I heard a knock on the door. It's probably mom...] "Go to my room, I'll walk you there. My mom came back. Feel free to explore the house... or something."   

Akashi's POV

 [Seeing him take the bait made me feel pretty proud of myself. At the same time, though, ashamed. Playing with other person's feelings was really not the right thing to do at the moment. Something in me sort of kicked me from the inside, willing me to apologize, hug and comfort him for what I've just done. But... if what I wanted was to hug and comfort him, what's wrong with just keeping it going? It's not much different, just slightly better.

I sent him a smile, getting up and making my way to his room as he opened the door for his mother. Walking past the closed door, I stood still, trying to eye the whole room at once. The basketball jersey hang on the wardrobe, some action figures on the shelves, a laptop above the deep blue cushioned bed. Overall, it seemed like a cozy place. Not too messy for a teenager, not too neat.
As I figured, I managed to sit on the bed. It was a huge progression for me realizing I can also lay on it. It tempted me to open the laptop and check his browser history, hoping to fish some interesting details about his likings and hobbies, but obviously my hand went through it.
I fiddled with my jersey shirt, my hand trailing beneath it to scratch my abdomen lazily. I caught a sight on my perfectly formed abs and chest muscles and decided to leave the shirt a bit higher, having it exposed. People like those, don't they?] 

"Come quickly..."  

Furihata's POV

 [I let mom in very quickly and welcomed her home with a hug, but since I was quite excited today for various reasons that all include Akashi Seijuro as a ghost in my house, I left her quite rashly alone and went to my room. I was expecting Akashi to maybe be sitting there bored, but, um, catching him looking at his stomach and bits of his chest were not really a part of the plan.

I stood at the door with a blank look, only moving after a few seconds, closing it, and looking at him again. ] 

"Um, should I ask...?" 

[I guess not, but hell, if I had those muscles I'd probably be staring too. Ugh, he was really perfect visually. Kise might be the model in the miracles, but Akashi's really been born to be a star.

If only he could come back to life... I'm sure he would have proven it to everybody. ]