Chapter 13

Furihata's POV

[I stared at him with apathy. I know he must be concerned about everything that is going on, but I really liked him. I really, really liked him and I wanted to do something, just one thing for him, because I won't get to see him ever again afterwards. Because I know that if I try to exorcise him, I will surely just regret it, that I will not be able to shake off the feeling I did a mistake. And I just can't have that, can I?... I just can't. ] 

"I know what you mean,but... I need to do this. I'm sorry I'm being a brat, but I need to do one thing right for you." 

[I smiled sadly and though fear was pulsing through me, I still continued walking, comparing which place could be the area I'm looking for. There was one particular building that seemed suspicious - a rather ruined place with grey, dark coloring.

However what was suspicious was the trash can near it. There was a torn Rakuzan jacket hanging from it. Nobody in this neighbourhood would be able to pay for an education in Rakuzan. No one.] 

"I think this is the one, Akashi... I'm going in."   

Akashi's POV

[The anticipation for something bad to happen only worsened with every step Furihata took towards the entrance of the building. We both knew the corpse was there. I could feel its presence in the air, somewhere a bit far away but still around us. We were so close to getting everything figured out, solving the mystery of me becoming a ghost, and finally having me pass away in peace... but I was still scared for Furihata's life.

What if the building collapses? What if someone would catch him intruding and attack him? I wouldn't be able to handle it. Also knowing all I could do was watch him from aside frustrated me.

I tried to concentrate on the twinkle in his glowing brown eyes that reminded me there's still hope in this for us.] 

"Guess I cannot stop you from it. Not that I ever could, you're officially the most stubborn man I've ever met in my entire life, if it still counts. Be safe, Furihata. I won't forgive you if you die."

[And I won't forgive myself either for letting you do this. I took my time outside to dwell on the Rakuzan high school uniform that I recognized as mine. Staring at it, I imagined myself living a better life. I'd be with Furihata, we'll live fancily in a large mansion with everything he'd wish for. We'll be happy and calm with no worries or burdens.

...ah, dreams must be toxic to me. I walked inside the building to find Furihata after I mentally prepared myself to pass away for good.]   

Furihata's POV

[I smiled a bit at his gesture, knowing that he cared for my safety made me feel warm inside. I am definitely stubborn when it comes to him though, I have to agree. ] 

"Ah, well I'm stubborn when it comes to you, I guess... Sei kun." 

[If I die, I'm going to die knowing I was on first name basis. I decided to let him check out his jacket on his own, already entering the building.

Shabby was not a word for it; it was insanely broken, disorganized and dirty. the smell was horrifying, and the blood spots on the walls disgusted me just by their visual.

However, I found a staircase to a basement, so I knew there is no going back. I went down, the coast was clear.

I entered the room silently and realized I found what I needed near a pile of knifes and weapons.

 Akashi's body was placed in the middle, and I ran to it. he was cold, sliced, and his open eyes stared at me lifelessly.

Without even noticing I started whimpering, not caring for others or the other world. This was so cruel, who could do this...?] 

'Who the fuck are you?' 

[I turned around.]  

Akashi's POV

['Sei kun' he called me. I closed my eyes, breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly. Tame your beast, Seijuro. Though, I wondered why did he decide to call me by my first name when I was supposedly a few minutes away from death. He shouldn't give me reasons to strengthen my will to live like that.

After entering the eerie building I immediately heard loud shuffling from below. Curses, metal clinking, heavy furniture being thrown around. Furihata was in danger and as I thought, still being in my ghost body, I could do nothing about it.

I ran down the stairway to the basement I recognized from the photograph he found earlier. There he was, on his knees beside a pile of weapons and some garbage. One of his hands rested on another one, but not his. Mine.

He found my body. It was on the ground with blood sputtered all over and around it. My lifeless eyes opened but not seeing anything, lips slightly parted with blood dripping out of its sides. It must've been horrible for Furihata to see it. As if my current body was not bad enough, my corpse was 10 times worse.

An actual dead body, and of a person Furihata had grown to love. Me.

He had tears dripping down his cheeks, his mouth and eyes wide in realization he's been caught with no way out. He was so terrified to even start trembling, an uncontrollable sob rising in his throat as the thug in front of him raised a dagger in his direction.

Why wasn't Furihata fighting for his life, there were weapons all around him! Why-

...of course he wasn't.

His fear paralyzed him, he was experiencing something he might be traumatized over for years.

I don't want to see it.

I cannot watch him get murdered without being able to do anything.

I have no choice, it'll be better not to see it... don't look, Seijuro. Shut your eyes.

If Furihata is going to die, then go die with him.

I walked over to my corpse and waved my hand through it, feeling myself being swallowed into it, losing my conscious as my sight blurred.]  

Furihata's POV

[I sat near Akashi's body, tears flowing out eyes as I realized that yes, I'll probably die now, and yes, while Akashi is watching, knowing he was fully correct in what he said.

I couldn't even be safe for soothing his concerns...

pathetic.

that was all I really was, in the end.

The thug took no care in how he grabbed me by the throat, not that it would make sense he would; after all, he would not let me live after I saw such an important thing.

I'll become the missing boy, just like Akashi.

The thug basically clawed me with his rough, sharp fingernails, and my breath hitched as I held onto Akashi's corpse's hand. I am going to die... I knew I was, but... right then, I felt a squeeze in my hand, and I looked back. ] 

"Akashi..?"