Chapter 15

Furihata's POV

[It was probably the longest wait I ever had to deal with, and it was absolutely terrifying. I've been sitting here waiting him to wake up for at least seven hours straight, in which I had to also talk with the cops, being interrogated.

I had to get creative at some points, but it wasn't the issue.

The real problem came when Akashi's father, Masaomi, basically came furious into the hospital wing. He wasn't mad at me, but nonetheless, the cops got a real scare after he lectured them about me doing a better job than them, and pretty much got the entire crew shaken to the point five more professional doctors were assigned to Sei.

He thanked me, however, it was super awkward.

He was as intimidating as his son was at the basketball finals so long ago, and I was just sitting there, basically frozen.

The only thing that woke me up was when the nurse said Akashi's awake and they're allowing some visitors. Me and Sei's father both went straight ahead, but... They were only allowing family members, and I had to stay behind the door. Ugh... I just want to see him.

Maybe seeing his father is better. In the end, I need to gather my thoughts now anyway.

Because I want Sei to know I don't to let go of him. ]  

Akashi's POV

[The sound of footsteps made me sit up and take an excited deep breath. I was almost giddy, if not for my father to step right into the room alone with no one beside him. Not that I was not thankful to see my own father after the 8 months I've been dead at, but... I want to see my supposed lover too. Painfully.] 

"Father, I'm sorry to have worried you." 

[I slightly bowed. The bandages over my chest and throat felt uncomfortable and unfitting in a bending position, so I quickly straightened my back once again. He got closer, placing his hand over my shoulder.

It was warm... it reminded me of how much I've missed feeling physical interactions and I caved straight in the affection, placing my hand over his to feel the heat.]

 'Seijuuro, my son... I don't even know where to begin. How come you're here in front of me? Everybody was sure you were long gone, me too, even the young boy outside almost gave his hopes up-'

 "That boy, father, is unbelievably important to me. I beg you, have the doctor allow him entrance or I'll have to get up and open the doors myself."

 'If this is what you wish for that much, of course, but you're absolutely not getting up that bed, Seijuuro. Even if I'd have to tie you against it.' [I nodded enthusiastically, watching his back as he went to talk with the doctor. I'm finally going to see my Furihata while I am alive.]   

Furihata's POV

[I was pretty frustrated when the door first closed on me; I did wait quite a long time to see Sei.

 If I were to be a little more dramatic, I may have even said my time with him is being stolen, but I guess that's just how love feels sometimes.

I could hear small talk from the room, and I leaned in to listen, but life is a murphy rule and hates me, therefore, the minute my ear was on the door, the door opened. Thank god I have reflexes from Riko's training, otherwise I would have fallen right on top of the nurse ahead of me.] 

'Mister... Furihata? The patient wants to see you, so you may enter as an exception...' 

[ I grinned at her and blew past her, delving into the room. I could see Sei's father giving me a look I couldn't read as he went out. Me and Sei are alone in the room. He wasn't bloody anymore.

Bandaged, but not bloody. handsome as ever, and his eyes were filled with warmth and life. I hugged him lightly to not hurt him or open any wounds, but I'm sure he knew I wanted to hold him tighter. ] 

"You better not do this to me again... you scared the hell out of me." [My face nuzzled his shoulder. I never felt more relieved seeing somebody in my life. ]   

Akashi's POV

"...my deepest apologies. I honestly am not aware of the right words to say... I'm just glad to be here with you, Kouki." 

[I smiled tiredly, patting his back and kissing his neck briefly as he rested his head on my shoulder. It's just been a few moments and I'm already drunk of his presence. The warmth of his body holding me close, the smooth skin of his neck, soft hair, breaths I could feel on my shoulder.

I almost forgot how fantastic it was to be alive, and I'm grateful for the miracle to bring me alive again.] 

"Well, now with me being a living person, I can become a proper lover to you. I might not be able to go through walls now, but we can still have these happy incidents in the shower, isn't it right?"

[A wicked smirk worked its way onto my face, my eyes narrowing teasingly. He obviously knew what I meant and recalled the awkward moment we had a few days ago. His face lit up like a Christmas tree bulb what only made my smirk widen. Unbelievably cute. On a more serious tone, my smile faded into a look of determination as I grabbed his hand.]

"I do owe you a proposition, though, do I not? for the both of us. A simple question which should be followed by a yes or no response. No more drama for the next couple of years, if you'd stay by my side, of course. Would you?... Will you be my lover, Furihata Kouki?"

[And at the moment I asked, My chest filled up with joy just from the twinkle of happiness in his beautiful eyes. He bit his lower lip as if not trusting his voice at the moment, but he needn't had to say a word. Him nodding excitedly was all the confirmation required. I guess even a person like me deserves a second chance...

The freedom to try again, choose another path and frankly, find a person which completes and loves you unconditionally. 

Maybe it's true... I do think it is.]