Steve x Bucky

Here's a little domestic Stucky for you. I had this idea in my head for a little while and I hope it turned out alright.
Word count: 1240
—————————————————————
It was a usual Sunday morning. Steve had gotten up early, around 6:30 AM. Being a soldier made that a part of his morning routine, even though he was retired and there were no more battles to fight with Thanos gone. Bucky, on the other hand, liked to sleep in. Steve tried to get him up at 9:00 so that they could do something, but Bucky wouldn't move.

Steve couldn't get him up, no matter what he tried. However, there was somebody that could get Bucky to wake up.

Steve and Bucky had adopted a little girl. After being married for a few years, they decided that they wanted to start a family. At first, they couldn't decide where to start when it came to adoring a child. After all, there was a lot to think about. But, they eventually decided that they would adopt a little girl to be their daughter.

When they reached the closest orphanage, they'd planned on getting a girl that's older than 4, but they saw a little baby who wasn't likely to survive in the system because she was so young. They immediately knew that they were going to adopt her. Steve was the first to hold her since Bucky wasn't sure that the metal arm could be gentle enough. She seemed very comfortable in Steve's arms and even opened her eyes a bit. They noticed that her eyes were a beautiful blue, similar to Bucky's.

They learned that she'd been abandoned by her parents, who had no intention of ever having a child. It made Bucky sick to think that somebody could abandon their kid like that, and he swore from that moment on to always protect her.

Soon enough, it was made official and the only one thing left to do was give her a name. Her parents had never named her so the responsibility fell to Steve and Bucky. They decided on something simple, yet sweet.

Layla. Layla Barnes-Rogers.

As she got older, they found that the name matched her personality. She was the sweetest child they'd ever met.

On this ordinary Sunday morning, she greeted them as she always did: full of energy and love.

"Papa!" Their daughter ran into their room and landed right on top of Bucky. Steve laughed and kissed her head.

"Good morning sweetheart. What do you want for breakfast? Pancakes again?"

Her eyes lit up at the suggestion. "Ooh, the ones with the blueberry smiley faces! Pretty please!"

"For you, anything."

Steve gave her one last kiss before leaving to make breakfast as Bucky smiled at the two people he loved more than life.

"Papa? Can I ask you something?" She tilted her head to the side and gave him a big grin, as if she were a puppy.

"Of course Layla. What is it?"

She snuggled into him as he patted her head gently. "Do you think that one day I'll fight bad guys like the two of you? Maybe I could be a superhero too, right?"

Bucky simply chuckled and nodded his head. "Sweetheart, you could do anything." He would never actually let her go and be a superhero, but for the time being, she was so excited at the thought of it and he couldn't bear to ruin things by saying that would never happen. "What do you want your superhero name to be? Pancake girl?"

"Of course not silly. I was thinking that I could be Captain Winter. Get it? Dad is captain America and you're the Winter Soldier! I put them together!"

Bucky hugged her tightly and kissed her temple. "M'kay, sounds like a plan."

Steve walked in with a stack of pancakes, each of them having blueberry faces. Bucky sat himself and Layla upright so that they could eat. Thankfully, Steve brought the pancakes on a tray, which drastically reduced the amount of syrup that got spilled on the bed.

"Dad, Papa said that I'll be a superhero just like you! I'm gonna call myself Captain Winter because it mixes your superhero names. Ooh, or I could go with Captain Soldier. Or America Winter." Steve chuckled lightly at his daughters antics as her blue eyes filled with wonder just talking about her superhero future.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be the best superhero ever."

"You really think so! Yay!"

Bucky pointed to her food and said "superheroes have to eat a full breakfast sweetheart. Finish up okay? Maybe we can do something fun later today, hm? How does that sound?"

"Awesome! I'll eat super fast and then get dressed super fast and then Dad can get us somewhere super fast because he likes to speed a lot."

"Ha!"

Steve looked at then with fake annoyance, scrunching up his nose a bit. Layla leaned forward and gently kissed his nose, making him melt and forget why he was pretending to be mad.

Even though she was almost 7, every little thing she did made him feel warm and fuzzy inside. He loved being a father. More specifically, he loved being her father. She brought a light into his life that he never knew would make such a difference. But it did, and Steve makes sure to thank God every day for the blessing that is his baby girl.

When her plate was empty, Bucky told her to go get dressed. "C'mon Captain Winter, use that super speed to get ready super fast. There should be some clothes set out on your bed if you haven't already knocked them onto the floor."

"I already knocked them onto the floor."

"Of course you did."

She ran off to go get ready. After she'd left the room, Steve snaked his arms around Bucky's waist, pulling them closer together. Steve kissed Bucky's neck and felt a cold, metal hand and a warm, flesh hand grab onto his own.

"What's up Stevie?"

"I love you so much. I love our daughter so much. Everything about the life we have right now is so perfect and I don't ever want to leave moments like this. I just love you both and I'm so glad that we met way back when in Brooklyn. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Bucky turned around to face his love, who had tears starting to well up. "If I was good with words, I'd say something as cute as that. Sorry that I'm not good with words. Still love you though."

Steve chuckled as he laid his head on Bucky's chest. "That was good. And I love you too. Now hurry up and get ready. If she's ready and has to wait for you, we'll never hear the end of it."
Bucky gave Steve a quick kiss before heading to the shower.

When he got out, luckily, Layla was still getting ready. He went over to the living room and found Steve sitting on the couch with an open spot next to him that Bucky was happy to fill.

The two of them sat there quietly waiting, Steve reading the newspaper and Bucky playing on his phone.

They heard footsteps come running down the hall and they knew it was time to go. As Layla approached them, she yelled "Winterica! My superhero name will be Winterica! It's a mix of winter and America! What do you think?"

Steve smiled as he picked up his little girl and carried her to the car. "I think it's perfect, Winterica."