The High Lady

The hidden High Lady plastered a fake smile on her face as Tamlin sat down for breakfast with her and Lucien. She had become used to playing the role of the broken, yet healing, little lady who was perfectly content with letting her man do everything for her. She knew the Lucien was becoming suspicious of her, but she was confident that Lucien would not act because of the precious information on his mate, Eliane. She sighed as she remembered those she left behind in the Night Court, but knew it was necessary to learn of the enemy's plans for the upcoming war. She remembered how much they did for her. Remembering them gave her the courage to continue on this quest.

She remembered how her sisters were dragged into this war because of her. She had not seen them since they were put in the cauldron, and she could only pray that they recovered quickly. She would never forget the two sisters she loved so much. She remembered Nesta and Elaine as she sat down, like a proper lady, at the breakfast table.

She remembered an intimidating lady who she had grown to love. Whose golden eyes were the first to be painted above the door in the cabin. She was a perfect mother figure, even with her habit of drinking blood. She loved her all the same. She remembered Amren as she smiled warmly at Lucien.

She remembered a certain shadow singer who had taught her to fly. She would always remember the awful story behind his scared hands. The man who was stronger than she could ever hope to be. She remembered Azriel as she laughed at a sexist joke that Tamlin had told.

She remembered a cocky Illyrian who always knew the right thing to say. She remembered his sacrificing his wings in order to protect a dying comrade. She remembered his smug smile whenever he knew he was right. She remembered Cassian when Tamlin causally brushed his hand over her thigh.

She remembered a beautiful fighter, who was practically her family. The woman who grew up hiding herself from others, even her closest friends. She remembered her loving acceptance of her. She remembered Morrigan while she grips his hand in return.

Most importantly, she remembered the man who saved her. He brought her out of the darkness that enveloped her everyday life. The man who she cared for more then life itself. She remembered the man who opened himself up to her, and her to him. She remembered her prick. Her King. Her High Lord. Her mate. She remembered Rhysand. She thought only if his when she pecked Tamlin in the cheek before dismissing herself from the table.

           As Feyre walked out of the room, she felt a shift in the air. She stopped on the door frame and turned around to ask Tamlin if he felt anything, but then she spotted the portal opening off the the side. She readied her magic to defend her self, but she was caught off guard by what tumbles through in the room.