Reuniting

Rowan turned away from Rhysand as he divested the plan. There was a lot that could go wrong. It reminded him of Aelin's plans.

"Is everyone agreed?" Rhysand asked. Although he addressed it to everyone, Rowan knew it was directed at him.

"No." Rowan looked at Rhysand. "There are too many variables, and besides, I can be in and out before they even know I was there."

"And how do you think you'll manage that. You know nothing of the Spring Court and they're defenses." Cassian pointed out from the tree he was leaning on. "This is a waste of time. Rhys' plan will work."

"I can do it. No matter their defense systems, they won't be expecting a bird." Rowan turned away before he shifted, and flew off to find his mate.

"That would've been a useful piece of information to have had when making my plan." Rhysand said as he huffed a laugh. "Well I guess we'r—"

"We're winging it! Get it. The bird? Wings?" Cassian trailers off. Mor rolled her eyes and Azriel snorted from the shadows.

"We got it, it just wasn't good." Amren raised an eyebrow at Cassian as he grumbled to himself about no one having good senses of humor.

"Come on were wasting time," Rhysand called before following after Rowan.

————————————————————————
Rowan flew in and landed within the walls of the estate before changing back into his Fae form.

"Hey yo—" the guard was cut off as the oxygen was sucked out of the air around him. He collapsed soundlessly to the floor as Rowan continued to storm through the halls. He hadn't made it far when he heard the alarm bell ringing.

"Those idiots," Rowan mumbled to himself before circling back to where he snuck in, know  Rhysand and his party had followed him recklessly. He knocked out another guard he saw as he burst through the doors.

"What are you doing in my land?" A blond Fae called out from another exit. Rowan followed his line of vision and saw he was looking at Rhysand who was putting in minimal effort while holding off three guards at once as his inner circle battled the rest. Even though they were outnumbered 3 to 1, the guards never stood a chance.

"I'm here for Feyra. And the new girl, Aelin," Rhysand called out.

Tamlin laughed "We have not one named Aelin here. You have been misinformed. As for Feyre, she will never go anywhere with you!"

Rhysand growled at Tamlin, and looked ready to pounce when Feyre walked onto the battle field.

"Everyone stop!" Feyre yelled. "Tamlin, I never loved you. I despise you and your home. Maybe in another life may have had a chance, but when you locked me in your house you pushed me away. Rhysand saves me, you we're the one the broke me. I never want to see you again. I'm leaving; I'm going to the Night Court and you cannot stop me."

A silence settled over the battlefield. No one dared make a sound, until the silence was broken by a slow clap from a figure sitting on a wall.

"I didn't think you had it in you Feyre, and let me tell you I'm pleased you do. Now can I beat him up?" Aelin called as she hopped off the wall.

Rowan gasped as he fell to his knees at the sight of his mate. "Aelin," He whispered.

Her head snapped towards him as a grin spread over her face. "Rowan," She breathes.

They ran towards each other. And she jumped into him, tackling him to the ground. "Territorial Fae Bastard." He huffed a laugh as she cried into his shoulder.

"You're never getting away from me again, Fireheart. Never again."