TWENTY-SEVEN

"What's her name?" I asked Logan.

After that heartfelt moment, we decided to head to the beach. The streets were busier because all the bars and certain spots were open until midnight. Once I stepped out of his car, I felt the cold ocean breeze brush against my skin. It may be challenging, but luckily we got a large blanket, one size — just the two of us.

We sat on the beach with my toes curled in the sand. I laid in front of Logan, acting like my personal backrest pillows. I put my head back on his chest as we watched the powerful waves hit the beach's edge.

"Her name was Niana, Miss Niana Davenport," Logan said with a stable breath. Just mentioning her name must of bring back painful memories. "She was so beautiful, smart, and kind. Which reminds me of you."

"Me kind? Didn't you see me do all those things to Paris, that date of yours and Mandy?"

Logan laugh. "Yeah, but I could tell you were jealous. Although, I was pretty upset about what you did to my date."

"Do you want me to castrate you? I said I was sorry." I grunted, making his laugh next to my ear send cold chills up my spine, and it was not the wind. Then I blinked. "Wait, did you say Miss?"

"She was a teacher assistant at my old high school. Finished her BA at Hawaii University and wanted to be a teacher, " he says.

I turned my head, looking up at him. "You had a forbidden romance with a teacher?"

"Assistant," he corrected, closing his arms around my body. "And yeah, we had a fling with each other. After school, I would get an apartment and get "tutoring" lessons from her."

"I get the point." I groaned. "So, were you caught?"

"Yeah."

"By a teacher? Student?" I exclaimed. "How old were you?"

"Easy there, baby girl. One question at a time." Logan chuckled. "We did our thing after school at her house, and no, we weren't caught by anyone from the school or who knew us not until someone she used to date." He explained. "He was obsessed with her since they were teens, and when she broke up with him, he lost every day missed calls, bouquets with a little note, or even stalks her behind her back. And when she ignored him, that is when it got serious. One day he started breaking her dad's car with a bat calling out her name repeatedly."

"Shouldn't they call the police? That's scary, especially if he's psychotic."

"Her dad called the cops and had a restraining order. I've heard from Niana that he was sent to a place that dealt with people who were way over their heads. He stayed there for ten years until he was released and started stalling Niana again."

I could sense his jaw in tension and his muscle flexing beneath the blanket, and I could tell how hard it was for him to talk about something so painful.

"Logan, you don't have to talk about it," I told him softly. I could feel the pain of losing someone you loved who died before your eyes.

"No," he pulled me closer. "I want you to know about Niana. So, he stalked her from school to the closest coffee shop or the shopping district for weeks. Sometimes in her home. She had to move every time he found her. He was everywhere, and it made Niana leave school for a while. Until he made his way to her apartment." His body shook, and I sat on my knees to look at him. Under a dark sky with the stars, the moon shone over his face to reveal tears were forming in his eyes.

"Logan."

He rubbed his eyes, then his face, sniffling the painful memories of Niana. "I went to her house simultaneously to find her stalker holding Niana with a gun to her head."