EPILOGUE

It has been a week since the incident with Heather, and I was ready to go back to school acting as if nothing happened. The next day I treated it like any other ordinary day.

Forget about the past and move on with the future.

After spending my recovery at my grandfather's home for a week now had some of the students think I had an accident. Although I'm healed, I had to get a weekly check up to see if I'm fully recovered to do anything.

I contacted Lena and told her part of the truth to why I was missing that weekend, and she forgave me and requested I work extra hard. It turned out she will be planning to have my EP album out soon for Christmas with original songs from different artists and one of my own. I have to write my song, it will be a tough one because I have not written any songs of my own, but if I'm going to be a singer than this would be an excellent opportunity for me to put my songs out there.

Well, that is one way to start when I'm starting my career as a singer like I always wanted to be, including musicals. I would never neglect that.

I walked up in front of English class, alone in the hallway. I had myself speak to the principal about my absent, and he understood what I was going through. It appears that my grandfather did something to create a lie that I had a bad case of stomach flu from eating something rotten and spoiled, and he mentioned me having diarrhea seems overboard.

Grandpa didn't need to mention that even though it wasn't right.

I held in my breath and let it out sharply, grabbed the handle of the door and entered the classroom once I was in the whole school went quiet.

"Effie, welcome back. I hope your feeling better from your sickness," Jordan winked at me, and I smiled.

A few whispers and murmurs as they all stare at me, it is not because I've been out for a week but because of my hair, it short and no one has seen me having this length before. To them, I felt like an alien unfamiliar to my new look.

"Yeah, I'm feeling better," I replied ignoring all the student's questionable look.

"That's good; you may take your sit as we continue with the reading on Shakespear."

I nodded and headed down the aisle of desk towards mine. I spotted Logan who flashes a smile at me, then Liam saluted me as they both made me giggle.

Throughout the class, my mind drifted apart from the reading while Jordan had the students answer the questions in the textbook. But, I wasn't focusing as I glance my eyes at the window, and through the glass I watch the white fluffy clouds moving slowly for every second of the day. I had my journal open to a blank page with a pen in my hand ready to write.

A lot of things happened, and I couldn't believe. There are days I wonder if my mind is an engine or an exhaust. There were times in my life I honestly expressed my feelings, but we can't go on like that. We can't keep bawling like babies and throwing tantrums like toddlers; we do need to get a grip on our minds. But there is a balance, a point of virtue, that I went passed so long ago. Every negative emotion is buried before I can even feel, making me passive and weak.

I was weak; I was nothing but a weak person who pulls herself down for what she did think was her fault. At that time I always remember to stay away from people who get to close to me because I would bring calamity upon them. So, I kept myself isolated and in the dark. My personality changed since the day my mother and father passed away. I stay away from people who don't deserve to be inside my depression; my lost in the world where no one wanted me. I was a nuisance to my brother and sister that I wanted to leave once I graduated to keep my distance and give my siblings what they deserve. Like what, Heather said, I was a mistake. My parents' never planned me, Athena told me that mom and dad were at an argument which leads to them making up and then my mom was pregnant with me.