ii. Seven Minutes in Heaven

Chapter TwoSeven Minutes in Heaven

Chapter Two
Seven Minutes in Heaven

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

      To say that Davina Covey loved the journey to Hogwarts would be an understatement. She basked in the glorious scenery that she never grew old of as the train journeyed through Great Britain and entered Scotland. In all honesty, Davina loved traveling. Her favorite country, however, would always be France (although she could be biased since she preferred her family's French and Spanish culture over the Bulgarian).

      Davina remembered the first time she visited France. She remembered visiting the large tower in the heart of Paris with her father. She remembered visiting the beach and how different the scenery was compared to England's own shores. She loved every moment of the summer trip and craved to visit the country soon. She hadn't been back since her father's passing three years ago.

      Realization dawned on her when the magnificent castle came into view. It had been three years — three years since the passing of Elio Thiago Covey. Davina remembered it as if it was yesterday. The feeling of not being able to breathe still resided deep within Davina.

"Davina! DJ—" Peter's voice immediately came into her perspective when she realized she had been lost in thought, staring out the window. They were stationed now.

"Sorry?" Davina asked with confusion.

"I said you didn't even change into your robes," Peter laughed at her lost expression. Roman rolled her eyes at Davina's habit of getting lost in her own thoughts.

The blonde stood up, "Come on, I need to change too."

Her eyes wandered around the compartment and noted Florence's absence. Before she could ask, Roman stated, "She changed and went with June."

Davina rolled her eyes knowing how excited her little sister was to see her girlfriend.

"Still can't believe the brat got into a relationship before you did," Roman added with a snort.

Peter let out a chuckle, "I'll see you at the castle."

"Don't have too much fun without us, Kavinsky," Roman called after him with a sting in her tone.

"Impossible, Diggory!"

After Davina and Roman dressed into their robes, they entered a carriage and made it to the castle. They entered the Great Hall and were glared upon by Professor McGonagall for arriving late. Bowing their heads and holding back laughter, the two girls sat at their house table.