iii. Realistic Fantasies

Chapter ThreeRealistic Fantasies

Chapter Three
Realistic Fantasies

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

"Are we hanging out or what?" Florence asked in annoyance when she found Davina reading in a window sill out on the courtyard.

Not tearing her eyes away from the book, she nodded. "I just want to finish this chapter!"

The former groaned and said, "Don't you ever get tired of reading those stories?"

Davina glanced up and acted as if she was thinking before shaking her head. "Nope."

"Can we at least go to your dorm? It's freezing out here," Florence said and crossed her arms from the cold. Davina sighed and closed her book. "Fine."

The two girls traveled up to Gryffindor tower, Florence basking in the warmth of the tower when they entered the dormitory. To their luck it was empty.

Roman was out with her brother, Amos, after forcing him to help her practice despite the two being rivals on the Quidditch field. While Lily was most likely out with Marlene somewhere.

"Will you put the book down now?"

With a reluctant sigh, Davina obliged. "You know, I was just on the brink of Lancelot murdering Maleagant."

Florence glanced at the title, La Mort d'Arthur. "King Arthur? What are you fifty?"

Davina narrowed her eyes at her younger sister's comment. "I wanted to read the French version and found it with Mum's help not long ago. I have the Middle English translation as well, but figured I'd improve on my French."

"You are such a nerd," Florence deadpanned, earning a pillow to be thrown at her head. "I'm being honest!"

Florence threw the pillow back and the two initiated a pillow fight. Davina ended up bowing out and flopped on the bed, laughing with Florence sitting opposite her.

"You want to read down by the fire?" Davina asked, standing up. Florence thought for a second, "Can I pick the story?"

Davina nodded with a smile. Florence's eyes trailed around her trunk and noticed an unfamiliar chest in the corner. Knowing she probably wouldn't be able to look at it now, Florence grabbed the nearest novel.

"I thought you hated Jane Eyre?" Davina said and looked at the book she was handed.

Florence's eyes widened. "Thought I'd give it another go."