xxii. Eclipse of Reality

Chapter Twenty-TwoEclipse of Reality

Chapter Twenty-Two
Eclipse of Reality

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

Usually the morning after an eventful night, people reel in regret with whatever choice, decision or life-altering action they'd partaken in. However, James Potter felt nothing but pure bliss as he touched his lips, reminiscing in — what would probably be — the best day of his entire existence. His lips spread in a grin as he quickly dressed and woke his best friends in the process.

"Calm it down, Prongs," Sirius mumbled, trying to push the boy away and stop him from shaking him awake. Remus was the only one sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Peter was still laying on his stomach, snoring loudly.

James jumped on his bed and began to say, "I need your guys' help!"

"Have you not finished Flitwick's term paper yet?" Remus yawned.

James stopped jumping and glanced at Peter who'd been scared awake. "I mean I haven't but that's not what I need help with."

"Then what?" Sirius said running a hand through his knotted hair.

James jumped down to the wooden floor with a grin spread on his lips. "I'm gonna ask Davina—" he said before cutting himself off in realization. I want to ask Davina to be my girlfriend... my real girlfriend. Despite the boys being his best friends, he promised Davina to not speak of their agreement. "I mean I want to surprise Davina for our anniversary."

The boys all shared a curious glance, before amicably agreeing to his request. James wrote a quick note to Davina and charmed it so slide under her door so she would know where to find him later.

With that, the four set out to Hogsmeade under the cloak.

In the girls' dormitory, Davina woke up to Roman singing out some lyrics to Led Zeppelin. Roman glanced at the girl with a smirk, "Late night last night?"

"Me? You came in after I did," Davina scoffed, getting up and stretching out her body. "What were you and Sirius doing?"

"I don't kiss and tell," Roman smiled, sending her a knowing wink. Davina cringed at the thought. Thankfully, Roman moved on. "Want to get breakfast?

"Sure, just let me change," Davina replied and walked towards her trunk. She glanced at a paper note before the door. Seeing her name written on the white paper, she picked up and smiled after reading it.

Meet me at the clearing by
the Black Lake at sunset.

— J.