Big Iron.

Goldthroat. A lawless town on the edge of civilisation on the continent of Anima. Nothing but lawlessness and death. The road into the town was quiet, no one came this far south, and those that did left twice as fast. The local tavern was bustling as usual as it became darker. The roar of an unfamiliar engine stopped the bustle of the night. Then silence. The sound of boots impacting the dirt, then clicking along the wooden steps towards the doors, and there he stood.
The swing doors squeaked open as the man stood in the doorway, the room fell silent as the grave as he took a step in and began walking towards the bar.

???: "whiskey." The man pulled up a bar stool and sat. His coat falling from around his knee to reveal a bloodied and dangerous looking hand cannon in it's leather holster.

The girl places a glass of whiskey on the bar next to the bearded man.

*Y/n's POV*

Barmaid: "so what brings you this way huntsman?"

???: "I'm looking for someone."

Barmaid: "oh, well we're a small town. Reckon you'll find 'em perty quick now."

Some of the regulars walked over, clearly simple farmers and shopkeeps. I guess I was a bit of an oddity to them.

Farmer: "can I see what ya got there?"

I remained silent

Farmer: "your cannon, can I see it?"

I turn to look at him
Y/n: "do I know you?"

Farmer: "not that I could say."

Y/n: "and you wanna hold my piece?"

Farmer: "just that I never seen one like it."

Y/n: "well now ya have."

Farmer: "it looks... dangerous."

Y/n: "seems maybe... that's the point."

Farmer: "suppose so. Can I see it?"

Y/n: "not likely."

Farmer: "where did ya find it? ...Are you ignoring me?"

Farmer 2: "hey, he asked you a question"

Y/n: "I didn't find it, I made it."

Farmer 2: "well, hell of a touch you got there! You a smith?"

Y/n: *chuckle* "so I look like a blacksmith?"

Farmer 2: "looks can be deceiving."

Y/n: "got that right."

Farmer: "there a problem?"

Y/n: "doesn't need to be."

Farmer 2: "well glad we got that cleared up. Now, about that piece?"

I'm getting real tired of these two
Y/n: "been to Beacon recently?"

Farmer 2: "excuse me?"

Y/n: "Beacon. Have you been?"

Farmer: "nobody's been."

Y/n: "is that a truth?"

Farmer: "that's a fact."

Y/n: "funny you'd make that distinction."

The bigger of the two men folds his arms
Farmer 2: "truth is, you must think you're some kinda special with that attitude! The way you're just dismissing us like we're nothing, like we ain't even here. Fact is you ain't as rock solid as you figure. Fact is, specials only special until it's not."

Y/n: "the bones say otherwise"

Farmer: "speak straight boy."

Y/n: "you say nobody. Bones say otherwise."

Barmaid: "What bones?"

Y/n: "all of em'"

Barmaid: "What are ya gettin' at?"

Y/n: "too many to count."

Barmaid: "What? You trying get a rile out of us? Was only making conversation."

Y/n: "you really won't."

Barmaid: "we got a smart one here."

Y/n: "eh, I'd say experienced more than smart. Experience has its advantages."

Barmaid: "experience tell you to lip off to strangers just tryin' to make talk?"

Y/n: "you keep insisting, then maybe we will."

Barmaid: "talk?"

Y/n: "have words."

Barmaid: "ain't that what we're doin'?"

Y/n: "my conversations tend to be a bit...louder."

Barmaid: "that a threat?"

Y/n: "no... a truth."

Barmaid: "who the hell d'ya think you are?!"

Y/n: "according to your facts. Nobody. And yet here I sit."

Barmaid: "it don't matter much how perty yer cannon is, you keep it up and we'll see just how loud you like to get... you done talking now? Guess he knows his place boys." The farmers smirk and begin walking off, my eyes glow red for a moment.

Y/n: "ever had a nightmare?"

Farmer: "you playin' games or you just thick?"

Y/n: "I know you have, in this world... can't help but."

Farmer 2: "I don't have nightmares, I give 'em."

Y/n: "you're a Oum damn cliche. You'd make a near perfect bandit. Hearing your voice, the things your sayin'. The shade of the hard man you think you are."

Farmer 2: "ain't no shade."
One of pair pull out a small dagger and goes to stab me as the barmaid goes for a revolver and aims it towards me. I calmly aim my pistol at their chests and fire One each to the heart. Their bodies slump to the floor as the shots still ring through the bar. The other patrons begin screaming and running out the door. I aim my gun at the last farmer

Y/n: "sit down. Sit. Down. Your mouth just got your friends dead, and this is what happens when you bore me... boy."

Farmer: "but listen! You-you're one of them right? A huntsman, you're supposed to be the good ones!"

Y/n: "supposed to be? Maybe I am. Maybe this is what good looks like... who can tell anymore." I aim my gun at his forehead

Y/n: "You wanted to see my gun. Look at it. Look"

Farmer: "no wait, please!"

Y/n: "pleading won't stop what comes next... now, I want to know where a certain women is. She's a murderer, a villain. Supposedly rather infamous in these parts."

Farmer: "w-what's her name?"

Y/n: "Raven Branwen."