Making sense of all this

I adjust my hat and stand up, placing a hand on my gun led on the bar I look as Raven. She doesn't flinch... she doesn't even go for her sword. She just stares back at me with that smile. The same smile I saw the day she saved me from Strongjaw all those years ago. A smile that wasn't far off from Clovers welcomin' smile every time I stepped home.

Raven: "so what's your answer honey?"

I place my gun in its holster and walk away. The sound of my heel spurs slicing through the quiet bar in this ghost town.

Raven: "where are you going? We could start again, just you and us."

Y/n: "maybe. I'll find you when I'm ready... I need to process all this."

I push the saloon doors open and walk out to my bike. Raven rushes out and grabs my shoulder before I make it down the step to the dirt of the road.

Raven: "why? What is there to process? I'm right here Y/n! Look at me!"

Y/n: "what's there to process? How 'bout the only thing that's kept me goin' has been the idea of killing my wife's murderer. Now I find my wife and her murderer are one n' the same?! To top it off her murderer is the one girl in school I had a crush on"

Raven: "you did?"

Y/n: "like you didn't know. Just... just give me some time ok? This is a lot to take in."

Raven places a hand on my cheek. Her face glows with a bright light, the light seeps back into her except for a few dozen spots on her cheeks... a pattern drilled into my memory. The freckled cheeks of my Clover.

Raven: "Honey, I'm still here. I may not be all the time, but I'm a part of Raven as much she's a part of me!"

Y/n: "Clo? That really you?"

Raven: "every bit of me. If you need space to clear your head then we'll kindly oblige. It'll be worth it in the end." Their voices seemed to overlap as they spoke, Clovers with an echo of Raven speaking the same words.

Y/n: "you're really here. You're alive. This makes things so confusing! I-I have to go."

Clovers voice disappears as the glowing freckles dim till they aren't there no more.
Raven: "Y/n please."

I hop on my bike and rev the engine.
Y/n: "you'll see me again. You have my word... but right now, I need some time to think."

Raven walks over to me slowly. She places a hand on my arm and smiles.
Raven: "then let us at least give you a parting gift honey." She grabs my head with both hands and kisses me softly. She pulls away and walks back towards the bar. "How much time will you need?"

Y/n: "I don't know. Maybe a week, maybe two. I just need to rethink everything. I sacrificed everything I am to follow the path of vengeance. Now I'm not sure what I am..."

Raven: "you're our husband. Never forget that."

Y/n: "come find me in a week's time, should be long enough to get my head around all this."

Raven: "where will you go?"

Y/n: "heh, ask Clover. If she can speak to you then... then you already know."

I release the brake n' zoom off out of the town, leaving a dust cloud and my anger behind... only thing left for me now is confusion, possibly acceptance once I come to terms with all this... it's not exactly something that happens every day. I look up at the moon. It's broken segments remindin' me of everything I've done just to get here. The people i've killed, the families i've hurt. All for nothin'.

*timeskip*

All of that was 8 days ago. I made it back to my old ranch- well, our old ranch. If Clover's really part of Raven now, then she'll know where I've gone. I'm leant against my favourite spot, the ol' wooden gate is almost broken off it's hinges. The bars are destroyed and as for the house... nothin' left but dust and rubble. Managed to fine an ol' stash of whiskey I kept outside for emergencies though, kept it under a rock by the main gate to the cattle pens. I managed to clean my gun too. Crimson's lookin' like her ol' self.

Maybe if i can make my gun change back to the way it once did

Maybe if i can make my gun change back to the way it once did... perhaps I'm not entirely lost. I wouldn't say I've come to terms with the situation I find myself in but, I think I'm willing to try. The first thought I had once I'd cleared my head was whether having both Clover and Raven in the same body would count as a threesome.

I take a swig from the bottle as I watch the last of the sun's rays hide behind the hills. I can hear gentle footsteps along the stone walkway comin' nearer to me. I put the bottle on the gate post carefully, offering it out to her as she leans beside me. Raven takes the bottle and takes a swig, her eyes go wide as she swallows and starts to cough and wheeze from the taste

Raven: "that is vile! Gah!... Clover! You knew?!... well why didn't you tell me?" She starts laughing to herself as she puts the bottle back on the gate and slides it over to me "eh hehe. Sorry, there's laughing in my head still. Man how do you drink that stuff?"

Y/n: "easy enough, you just open up and down the-"

Raven: "-down the hatch, right you're old go to line."

Y/n: "yeah... I'm not gonna lie I didn't think you were on a come. You're late by a day."

Raven: "Clo thought we should come today seen as... well. Happy birthday honey." She hands me a small box. Black, an engraving carved in the shape of an arrow head on the top of the lid. I open the box and chuckle.

Y/n: "I buried this."

Raven: "we know. And we think you're a moron for doing so."

I slide my wedding ring back on and smile
Y/n: "Clo's fits you pretty well."

Raven: "does that mean you're willing to try?"

Y/n: "yeah. Yeah I think I am. It'll take some gettin' used to, but I'm willing to try my hardest to make this work." I place my hands around her waist and smile "for both my girls in there."

Ravens eyes glow once again, and the freckles of light emerge on her cheeks. Clover smiles at me and hugs me tight
Raven: "So... we gon' try this here crazy relationship again?"

Y/n: "Clo, our marriage was crazy to begin with. After all, two crazy's don't make sanity."

Raven: "couldn't agree more. Come on. Let's go home."