I'd never hurt you (chapter 17)

I have to get to Ray!

Without a second thought.. I run for my life... For Ray's...

And for Zack's sake.

I hear hysterical laughter behind me, which encouraged me to run faster.

How was Cathy able to create something that gave you an urge to kill someone..?

Maybe...

Maybe neither syringes had vitamans...

I brushed off the thought, then resumed on my main goal.

Find Rachel

Fuck! Where is Ray?

There were so many hallways, and the sound of Zack's insanity pressured me even further.

At this point, Zack will eventually catch up to me..

"RAY, WHERE ARE YOU?!", I shouted on the top of my lungs.

I knew this would let Zack know where I am, but Ray is my first priority at the moment..

Come on Ray...

"(y/n)!", I hear in the east wall.

Yes!

"HAHHAHA WHERE ARE YOU", I hear Zack shout behind me.

I rushed quickly to the direction I heard Rays voice come from.

With sweat trickling down my neck, I frantically searched for the cell I put her in.

Then, I immediately dash to the cell that held a blonde child..

I grip Rays shoulders

"(y/n)? What hap-

"NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!", I grab her hand and dragged her out of there, running at the speed of light.

"HAHAHAHHA", Zack's laughter grew louder.. It wasn't his laugh.. It didn't sound like him..

I banged a door open that was at an end of a certain hallway, and it led back to the room where we met Cathy.

Without a second thought, I slammed the door shut behind me. Ray and I were panting out of exhaustion.

"(y/n)... What's wrong.. With Zack?", she manages to ask.

"He's... He-"

The door slams opens before I could even let out another word.

How the fucking hell??

I instinctively pull Ray behind me, and I stood in front.

I don't know how he caught up so quickly... But I need to protect Ray..

"There you are.. ", Zack growls. He paces towards us, and I placed myself in a protective manner.

He places the neck on my cut that he made earlier. I wince from the pain, but regain my posture.

His eyes were glowing from insanity. The only words that he can probably see in his brain right now, is "kill kill kill". He's also breathing heavily from the chase.

"Finally... ", he grins further, "I get TO FUCKING MURDER YOU!"

He picks up his scythe midair, preparing to slice us...

I gave a look of determination..

There's no way... He can kill me.

I didn't know what I was thinking, I just had a feeling that he couldn't kill me..