Ch 5 × Nura Clan Headquarters!!

Minami POV

The two days I had to wait until the weekend flew by quickly and it was finally Friday. I planned to head to my apartment to grab my stuff then go to Rikuo's house since I don't live that far away.

"Are you sure you're okay with having a sleepover like this? I mean, you just joined two days ago and I get it if you're scared or something. You're not forced to do this." Kana asked me.

Chuckling, I waved my hand at her, "No, no, it's not like that. I really do think this'll be fun. I haven't been involved in that many clubs before so, I might as well try this out."

"Alright then." Kana looked at me wearily.

"So, um, I'm gonna head back to my house to get my stuff and then we'll meet up at Nura-san's house?" I asked.

Kana nodded, "You know where it is?"

"Yup. And, Kana-chan?"

"Hm?"

"Just how big is Nura-san's house anyway?"

'Of course I've seen it many times in the anime but I've never seen it real life...'

Kana chuckled, "REALLY big, you'll see."

"Well then, see you later."

"Yup."

With that I headed down to the front to get on the bus.

It took about 20 minutes to get back to my apartment and to get my stuff together. Before I headed out the door, I opened up the small piece of paper in my hand of Rikuo's address.

'I guess I'll just walk then...'

After walking for several minutes I looked up at the big gate in front of me. Pulling out my phone, I sent a text to Kana.

Me: r u here already?

Almost immediately, she replied.

Kana: haha, im still getting my stuff together. sry. ill be there soon :p

Me: oh, ok then. cya

Out of all of us, Yura was the one who couldn't come. She said she was busy. But that probably meant that she didn't want to be in a house full of yokai.

Contemplating my options, I stood there in front of the big house.

'I guess I'll just... call Rikuo then...?'

Clicking his contact I held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" Rikuo's voice came from the other line.

"Um, it's me, Yukino. I'm at the front door already."

"Oh ok then! Wait, I'll open it."

"Is anyone else there already?"

"Not yet, just you."

For some reason I blushed after he said that.

'Just me and him? Maybe I could explore alone first hehe...'

"O-Oh ok then."

And he hung up.

'No nasty thoughts, Minami, no.'

A few minutes later the front gate creaked open and I saw his face.

"Come in Yukino-san!"

Nodding, I grabbed the big bag from the ground and heaved it up with me into the huge traditional-styled house.

While Rikuo was leading me through the seemingly empty house, I simpy nodded while looking around, amazed by how big it is.

He led me to a spacious, empty room.

"You can put your stuff in here." He pointed to the corner of the room.

"Okay."

"You can stay here while waiting if you want to, my mom will probably bring snacks here."

"Ah, I see. By the way Nura-san."

"Yeah?" His head turned to me.

"Do you and your family live alone here? It seems really big just for one family."

'I already know that it's filled with yokai though.'

"Ahaha, yeah we do. It is pretty spacious."

Just then, Rikuo's mom came in the room with rice crackers for us to eat.

"Rikuo! I brought some snacks!"

"Oh, thanks mom. This is Yukino Minami. She's a new student at our school, one of my friends that are coming over."

She turned to me and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Yukino-san! I'm Wakana, Rikuo's mother."

"Nice to meet you too." I said quietly. Like I said, I am a shy person at first.

Shortly after some small talk, Wakana-san left the room.

"I'll go check if anybody else arrived already." Rikuo said while leaving the room.

'Somehow I feel like he feels really awkward around me... *sweatdrops* This is a failing start...'

Looking around the room, I remembered that in the anime all the yokai were hiding in the ceiling or behind tables and such.

Smiling to myself, I decided to go play hide and seek and try to find all the yokai in this room, if there were any.

Firstly, I looked under desks and behind tables. And then I tried to peek through any cracks and any possible hiding places. But I still couldn't find any. I mean, what are the chances that any yokai would hide in the place we were going to be staying in.

'I definitely shouldn't lose hope, even if they aren't in this room, they have to be SOMEWHERE in the house!'

Just when I was ready to give up on this room, I heard a small creaking sound and I looked under the desk to my right and behind the chair.

To my surprise I found a cute little white colored yokai with a mouth shaped like a 3 and two small eyes. Quietly squealing, I gently pulled him out of his hiding place, cautious if he would try to squirm and run away.

Setting it down to the middle of the room, I whispered to it, excited, "Hey there little guy, I'm Minami. I found you hiding there, but it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. Hehe, I think I'll call you Shiro. I don't remember what kind of yokai you are, sorry."

Blinking it's eyes, Shiro-chan stared at me.

Squealing, I hugged him tightly. ( Not too tightly, I wouldn't want to suffocate my little yokai pet. )

"Hehe, you are too cute!"

Third Person POV:

As Minami found the tiny Sannokuchi yokai, Rikuo was passing by the hallway and saw that the door of the room that Minami was in was slightly open, so he peeked inside.

To his surprise, he saw Minami playing with the Sannokuchi happily and hugging it.

'EHH?! How did she find it?! I told them not to hide in the room they were staying in!! What if she finds out that this house is full of yokai?!' He thought to himself.

Deciding that if he went inside the room he would probably make things worse, Rikuo simply ignored what happened and continued walking down the hallway.

'It's probably just a doll or something that she brought, just my imagination! I'm just being to paranoid!' Reassuring himself, he quickly walked further from that room.