Chapter 7 - Gibson

“You’re all Brad talks about.” James commented while we were at the gym, doing arm reps. “It’s all about Charlotte when he’s around.”

I chuckled, “He’s cute.”

“So you like him?” James asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. He’s a great guy, but I don’t want to lose him by getting feelings and ruining our friendship.”

“You know he likes you.” He said.

"You don’t know that.” I retorted. “I don’t want to date him, because that will indefinitely ruin our friendship, no matter what the circumstances are when we break up.”

“If,” James said. “If you break up, which you won’t.”

“Again,” I laughed. “You don’t know that.”

“I think you two should go for it.” He said. “You’d be good for each other.”

“We are good for each other; as friends.” I replied. “Anyway, what about you and Allison?”

He grinned as if he knew the topic would be brought up soon. “I don’t know.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

"She’s great, and I like her. But she acts like she isn’t ready for anything serious.” He explained.

“I’ll talk to her.” I smiled at him.

Once we had finished with his workout, we said our goodbyes, and I went straight to Allison at the snack bar, before my next client arrived.

“What’s going on with you and James?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

“What’s going on with you and Brad?” She retorted.

I shook my head. “You go first.”

She shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Do you like him?” I asked.

“You know I do!” She exclaimed.

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I just don’t want the boys to stop hanging out with us if something happened between James and me.” She sighed.

“They’re not girls.” I laughed. “Boys don’t do that, unless you really fuck James over. Just go for it.”

“Tell me about Brad.” She said, changing the subject.

“There’s not much to tell.” I shrugged.

“Lies,” She sang.

“I don’t want anything getting between me and him.” I said. I heard the bell on the door ring, and looked over to see my next client checking in. “I’ll see you later.”

After work, I ended up at the apartment alone, other than Max. The boys were busy with band stuff, and Allison was spending the evening at home with her parents. After three episodes of Doctor Who, and countless hours playing Assassin’s Creed; I found myself bored and hungry. I grabbed my phone and wallet, and left the building, walking down a street with various shops and restaurants.

I saw the sign for a Vietnamese restaurant, and went straight to it. I went in, and made an order to go. While waiting, I went walking around outside, and stumbled upon a music shop where there was a large poster on the front window promoting The Vamps’ new album. Beyond that, inside I saw a Gibson acoustic guitar sitting inside a showcase. I went into the building, walking straight to the guitar.

“Can I help you?” A worker asked, approaching me.

“Yeah,” I smiled, looking up at him. “How much is this?”

“That is eight hundred pounds, and it comes with the case.” He answered me. “Are you interested?”

I nodded.

“Wanna strum on it a little?” He asked, unlocking the case it was in before handing me the guitar.

I put the strap around me and began playing a few chords from “Misguided Ghosts” by Paramore.

“That sounds perfect,” I said in awe. “You said 800?”

He nodded.

I had some money saved up, but I knew the majority of the money would be coming directly from my paycheck. “I’m gonna be starving for the next week.” I said to myself. “But it’s worth it.”

“Okay,” He said. “Follow me.”

I gave him the guitar back and followed him up to the cash register where he put the guitar in its case, and rang me up. After I paid, he handed me the guitar, and the stand. I made my way back to the restaurant to pick up my food, which by that time, my hands were full, and I looked strange to people walking by as I made my way back to the apartment, happier than a child on Christmas.