Chapter 10 - Think About It

“Will you do me a huge favor?” James asked me, arriving at my apartment with the other boys.

“I’m not getting you a discount at the gym.” I said.

“No,” He shook his head. “That’s not it. This is a serious question.”

I looked at Tristan and Connor. Bradley was still sulking over what I had said to him the other day, so any attempt to make eye contact with him was impossible.

“What the hell is up with James?” I asked them.

“It’s actually a good idea.” Tristan commented. “I think you should hear him out on this.”

“It’ll be fun.” Conner grinned.

“What are we talking about?” I said, confused.

“Okay,” James said, getting ready to throw his suggestion at me. “We’ve been hanging out a lot when we’re all free, and I would say that you’re a really close friend of ours.”

“Go on,” I ushered him.

“I was thinking that maybe you could come to America with us in July.” He said. His body tense as if he were prepared for the worst.

“Why?” I asked.

“Well, I still need a trainer when I’m on tour.” He said. “Tris and Con have agreed to it, and Joe is fine with it, as long as we really do go to the gym when we can.”

“Has Brad agreed to it?” I replied, looking over at him while he scrolled through something on his phone.

James sighed, “Kind of.”

“Brad, why can’t you just let her be?” Connor said. “You know you want her to come.”

“I said I didn’t care,” He mumbled.

I looked over at Brad before glancing at the other boys, “Can you give us a minute?”

“That Greek takeout place sounds great for lunch.” Tristan said. “We’ll go pick something up.”

Tristan, Connor, and James left, giving the apartment complete silence.

“Bradley,” I said.

He made a noise that almost sounded like ‘what,’ but it didn’t quite come out clearly.

“Will you look at me?” I asked.

“Why?” He said, taking the attention off of his phone.

“Because we need to talk.” I replied.

“There’s nothing to talk about.” He mumbled.

“You’re pissed because I’m not ready to try anything out with you, I’m not stupid.” I stated. “Why can’t you understand that these things take time?”

“It has nothing to do with that.” He argued.

“Yes it does,” I said. “James told me.”

“No,” He sighed. “It’s because I’ve been putting myself out there for you, and you’ve shot me down every time, but you act like nothing happened. That’s not fun. You’re playing me and you don’t even know it.”

“That’s the same thing, and I’m not doing it intentionally!” I exclaimed. “The last thing I want to do is hurt you. I care about you.”

“You have a funny way of showing it.” He scoffed.

I groaned, “I’m sorry I can’t be what you want. I have some issues of my own that I need to deal with before we can make this work.”

“That’s the thing!” He retorted. “You don’t understand that I’m willing to help you.”

I shook my head, “You’ll just get hurt in the backfire.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Well,” I said. “Seems like you have all the answers, so just do what you think is right.”

“I will.” He stated, before leaning forward and placing his lips onto mine. There was a sudden wave of mixed emotions. Part of me knew that this would end badly, and that I should push him away now before things got too bad. But another, possibly stronger part of me felt like we were doing something right, and begged me to make his lips stay. Despite everything in my head telling me to push him away, I went with my heart, and kissed him back. I wrapped my hands around his neck, deepening the kiss as he shifted himself so that he was lying on top of me on the couch.

He began to kiss down my jawline until he reached my neck, and began to nibble on my skin, making a surge of hormones run through my body.

“Brad,” I sighed, pulling him up by his hair. “We can’t do this.”

“Why not?” He asked, bringing his face back up so that it was directly in front of mine.

“I don’t want you to be just another guy.” I whispered.

“Then let’s make this something real.” He said. “Be with me.”

I gave him a pleading look, “I’m afraid to fuck everything up with you.”

“You won’t.” He muzzled his face into my neck and sighed deeply.

I sat there in silence, toying with his curly locks.

“Will you at least think about it?” He asked, looking up at me.

“Okay,” I whispered.    

He had gotten off of me, and we spent the rest of our time waiting on the boys by playing my guitar and singing together, which was harder than it sounded, because there were very few songs that we both knew well enough to sing together.

“Maybe you should just teach me one of the songs you’ve written,” He suggested.

“No, because then you’ll steal it for your next album.” I joked.

He laughed, “Your songs are too girly for us.”

“Doubt it,” I grinned, looking down at my fingers while I continued strumming.

Soon, Tristan, James and Connor came in with the food, and we all sat around the coffee table together.

“So did you two make up?” James asked.

I shrugged, taking a bite of my mushrooms. “We’re on speaking terms.”

“Yeah,” Brad said. “I guess we’re okay.”

“I need more than okay,” James retorted.

I grinned, “We’re just kidding. We’re fine.”

“So does this mean you’ll come to America with us?” He asked.

“I don’t know. If I go, I’m losing a lot of money from not being able to meet with my other clients.” I answered. “Unless you’re willing to pay enough for it to not make a difference.”

“How much are we talking here?” He said.

“I get around 650 a week.” I replied. “And I still have to pay rent while we would be gone, so I would need the money before we left to give to my landlord in advance.”

He sighed, “Okay.”

“Really?” I asked.

He nodded, “I really want you to come.”

“We all do,” Tristan smiled.

“So it’s worth it.” James said.

“Did you invite Allison?” I asked.

He shook his head no. “We can’t just invite someone that isn’t going to work; Joe doesn’t want anyone getting in the way. Besides, what are the odds that her parents would let her go to a different country with four boys they’ve never met?”

“That’s a very good point,” I chuckled.

“So you’re coming?” Brad said.

I sighed, “I’ll talk to my manager about it in the morning.”

“Fantastic!” James exclaimed. “We’re going to have a lot of fun.”

“I hope so,” I smiled.