The Academy Showcase Part Two

Adrien's POV
I fall on my butt and swear at myself. I was distracted, but how could I not be, My girlfriend was Ladybug the child dancer and had danced under my father, and was at one point best friends with my brother. It was a lot to take in, but I had to get over it, the showcase is tonight and I had to focus.

I stand up and count the beats in my head before going straight into the chorus of the song. Suddenly the music stops and I look over to the sound system. Alya was standing there with a smile on her face, I give her an annoyed look before crossing my arms. Alya was at the Academy for both Ballet and Breakdancing, and she had just come from Ballet practice. She was dressed in a traditional white ballet dress and white pointe shoes. "So cat-boy, how's it going?" she asks.

"Why'd you stop my music?" I ask as a reply.

"How else would I get your attention? I'm not Marinette," she says. I just roll my eyes and she walks over to me. Alya isn't doing the Academy showcase because she doesn't feel the need to. She dances for fun and nothing else.

"So tell me, if you get any offers to professionally dance, then will you take them?" She asks, tilting her head to the side. I let out a sigh. I had never really thought about it because I had already known that if I wanted to dance professionally, I would be dancing under my father, I didn't really have a choice in the matter. But thinking about it now, there is a small possibility that I could be dancing for someone other than my father. And maybe Marinette could join me. I smile at the thought and Alya looks at me like I'm crazy. She turns away and heads in the direction of the dressing rooms. As she leaves, I move toward the sound system and turn my music back on.

Once I'm satisfied with my solo, I go to find Marinette so we can practice our duet, on the way I run into Nino, who is another breakdancer at the Academy. "So man, haven't seen you around for a while, " He says. I shrug.

"We've both been really busy, especially since you are always at the music school, " I say, elbowing him. Miraculous Academy had a separate campus about two blocks away for students who wanted a future in the music industry, and Nino was one of the best mixers there. He's also the one who made the music for Mari and I's duet.

"So how's the music man, personally I think it turned out pretty well, " Nino says proudly. I chuckle.

"Its great man, I really owe you for that one. So how's finding a sponsor been going?" I ask. Nino was trying to find someone to sponsor him so he could start off his music career, and last I checked it wasn't going too well. His smug smile grows.

"Dude, I don't just have one, I have FIVE people willing to sponsor me, now I just have to pick who I think would be best." He says. I throw an arm around his shoulders.

"That's awesome man. Just don't forget how shady they are, " I say giving him my best shady businessman look. Nino laughs and he playfully punches me in the arm. We pass by the dressing rooms and Nino walks to one, waving goodbye. I wave back and return to my original mission of finding Marinette. I reach the ballet wing and head toward the studio where Mari usually is. Once I got there I look through the large windows to see her.
And my father.