What Happens Now?

Marinette's POV

Stupid.

This whole thing is stupid.

I was staring at this little paperboard card with Fèlix's name and number embossed on it glinting up at me tauntingly under the fluorescent light of my desk lamp. I had been staring at it for a little more than an hour, countless thoughts running through my head, anxiety blossoming in my core.

Why I was even continuing to think about it, I had no idea. I had sworn I'd never dance professionally again and I had stuck by that vow, turning down everyone who approached me with the proposition.

So why now?

Maybe it was because of who it was this time. The boy who was once someone I trusted with my life, and that who I now stood on uncertain ground with. I'm dating his brother which makes things awkward no doubt. And I loved Adrien dearly. But I couldn't deny the fondness I felt for Fèlix.

Sure it's much different than what I feel for Adrien. Fèlix felt more like the big brother I never had.

The annoying, considerate, and teasing big brother.

A smile made its way onto my face as several memories crossed my mind. The time where he pushed me so he could win at twister and the time he smothered me until my sides hurt from laughing too much.

All of it to keep me grounded. Distracted from the torment that was my thoughts. I was nine and he was eleven yes, but he understood, he helped me.

All those years ago he was my rock. He was my safety. And I let him go.

He was more to me than I understood, but I knew that I trusted him. I trusted him with everything I had. And that was why I was actually considering this.

Smart move Gabriel.

I sighed and rubbed at my temples. I knew this was stupid, and I knew that things were going to change dramatically. But I really couldn't find it in myself to care.

So I picked up my phone, and started dialing.