Shocked

Marinette's POV
After the performances, there was a short intermission where the audience could get up and stretch their legs and any sponsors could come and introduce themselves and sign a dancer to their company.

As per usual, I tried to avoid as many of them as possible, and the ones that did come up to me, I politely refused their offers.

I tried to find Alya backstage, finding myself getting further away from the commotion. I took a quick breather before going to look for my phone when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I yelped and whirled around quickly only to gasp in surprise and take a step back. "Felix....what do you want...?" I tried to keep the suspicion out of my voice but I could tell that he wasn't buying it.

"I wanted to say hello to my old friend.." The way he stood there told me that he was confident something was going to go his way. Almost as if he knew what would happen. And that worried me more than I'd like to admit.

"You've had plenty of opportunities to do that. I'm dating your brother. Why didn't you before?" He just sighed.

"My brother is irrelevant. It's more because I didn't know what I should have said to you. We were so young and you were going through so much, I just...I guess I should start with I'm sorry I didn't do more for you.

My eyes widened and I looked at him in disbelief. "What? I never blamed you for any of that, none of it was your fault, all you ever did was try and make me feel the best I could..." I trailed off quietly. He steps a bit closer to me.

"Yes, but I could have done more for you, and I didn't realize that until now. That's what I and apologizing for." I set a hand on his shoulder and look at him with an understanding smile.

"You know I could never blame you for anything, you were the best part of those years in my head. If anything, I should be thanking you for making it just the slightest bit more bearable." He lets out a light chuckle.

"That's nice to hear. But I want to talk to you about something..." I raise an eyebrow in suspicion and he sighs heavily before looking at me sternly. "I want you to dance under me."