Chapter 14

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I've just disappeared. I'm not even sure if any of you are here anymore. My comeback is thanks to my cousin (Shaps8 - who's now 15) who has just started reading my stories and has been on my case to write SOMETHING! So I'm continuing this...

--

Amy Faber

I knew we had Harris for legal advice if we were to try and build a case. However, we weren't getting anywhere with this issue and it was really taking a toll on Hamza and I. It had been a couple of days since Hamza's breakdown and things had been quite awkward between us.

There was a weird silence and we couldn't think about things to talk about. Most of our conversations consisted of dull chatter about necessary things.

I sat one day with Kaiser stressed as usual. Hamza hadn't arrived from work yet and I'd just finished cooking while holding Kaiser. He kept getting upset when I put him down. I considered phone NSPCC and see what advice they could offer us when I got a phone call from an unknown number.

My heart started beating fast, wondering who it could be. I was so paranoid these days in case Jannic came back. He hadn't contacted us since the day he came, demanding for us to hand Kaiser over to him.

"Hello?"

"Amy?" I felt relief hearing that voice.

"Jasmine! I've been trying to get to you! Where have you been?"

"How's Kaiser?"

"He's fine!"

"Amy, Jannic came to get him and said he wasn't there. Where is he?"

"I was inside the house but I was scared to open the door. He was being aggressive and I was scared. And how can I forget how he hurt him?"

"Amy, please give him back. I've been through hell these past few months. I can't do this, I need my baby back." Jasmine began crying.

"Have you left Jannic?"

"I can't..."

"Then I won't give Kaiser back."

"Amy please, that's my baby," she pleaded

"You left him with me! I've been taking care of him for months now. I love him as my own. I can't put him in danger again, Jasmine, I can't and I won't!"

"I carried him in my stomach for 9 months, I went through the pain of labour, I took care of him, went through the pain of breastfeeding him, I did all of that! And you think he's yours?" Jasmine screamed. I paused to gather my thoughts, my eyes welling with tears.

"Then why would you want to put him in danger again? Why won't you leave Jannic?"

"He'll kill me. If I leave he'll kill me!" She screamed desperately. Panic started rising in me. I was torn between my love for Kaiser and my love for my sister.

"There are ways to get out. You need to overcome your fears, and you need to get out!"

"Amy, please! Kaiser's all I got in this miserable life. I thought I could live without him but I can't, it hurts too much."