E I G H T

"Mom" her voice trailed off, shoulders shaking, "How..."

Flashback

She was excited by the note that her mother wrote, she likes the diary so much, and she happily accepted all the gifts from everyone in her 18 treasures.

The party is almost over, the host speaks "Before the party ends, let's hear something from the debutant" the people applause, Min Jung took the mic from the host "Uhm, I'm not really in to speech" as she unfolds the paper "Everyone, I must say that this is the most memorable party I ever had" she smile to everyone "I am very thankful to the 2 people in my life who brought me here as well as my little brother, Min Hwan, my parents. I really don't know to want these gifts, oh well, you guys had a hard time looking and buying gifts for me, so I am accepting all of it wholeheartedly" she let a little laugh as everyone laugh at her, "My family is all I wanted, my Mom, Dad and my little brother, they're my precious little gift from the above, I want to thank them all over again, to say I love you them and of course to all the people who are here, I am very pleased that you took time on your busy schedule to attend my party" she "If I didn't attend your party, it'll be the death of me, Min Jung" she laughs as she heard her aunt Bom.

They were saying goodbyes to the entire guest as Min Jung sneaks and went to the garden to read the note.

-

Before I go outside, something in the gifts area caught my attention, a small box "I wonder who gave this" I opened the card "Oh, it's from uncle Ji Yong" I said, I get the box and goes to the garden to open and read the note "I actually didn't see him" I said, I sit on the chair, the wind blows as I open the note.

-

Her tears slowly fall as the wind tries to calm her. It is hard for her to process everything now, the party ended like they wanted, and she thought that everything will be good after the party. She looks at the note again and read it again, for she thought that her eyes are deceiving her per words

"Dearest Min Jung,

Happy Birthday! I am so proud of you, so happy that you are here with us. Don't worry, you are still young and age is just a number. You're going to accomplish everything you want and be a successful woman. Always remember that we love you so much and I will understand that you'll get mad at us especially to me.

I and your father is keeping this the moment you were born. I kept this secret to your father also, and I never thought that he'll forgive me. The moment when your Uncle Ji Yong shows himself to us, I was afraid that he'll the truth to you. Yes, the truth.

I am very sorry for keeping this until now; I want to tell you everything when you're already 18. Seunghyun accepted you like his daughter; he loves you so much, your Daddy Seunghyun was jealous also that you're having a good time with your true father, Ji Yong, your Uncle Ji Yong.

On our wedding, I am already 3 weeks pregnant and I didn't tell it to everyone. I was selfish and I am very sorry. Please understand it Min Jung, I was in love with your father, I didn't notice that love for him because I already falling for your daddy Seunghyun.

Please forgive us.

Your Mommy."

End of the flashback

She's trying not to cry, but seeing Min Jung, shocked "Mom?" her voice trailed off "I-ah-I am sorry" tears started to fall "H-how?" her eyes creased, she's confused "18 years?" she continued. Dara is standing in front of her "You keep this secret to me" tears fall fast, as she sees her mom "and you let me think that daddy is my father" still holding the diary "your daddy Seunghyun loves you Min Jung" Dara's voice trailed off "No!" she shouts that made Dara's heart jumped.

"Min Jung" he called her, wanting to calm her down "It's already late, let's talk about it later this morning with Ji Yong" Seunghyun said. Min Jung looks at the both of them "I thought you love me" she stormed away.

Hearing the door shuts from the 2nd floor, I broke down, "Hush, baby" Seunghyun carries me "She hates me" I cried "No, it's normal for her to act like that, you're tired, we had a long night and we will have a long day tomorrow, so let's just rest for tomorrow. I'll call him to come over" Seunghyun hugs me, Indeed we had a long night.

I slowly opened my eyes, I looked at the clock and it's already 8:30 in the morning, I wash and prepare myself for the day. I'm about to close the door when my phone rings "hello, Hyung?" I answered as soon as I saw Hyung's name.

"Is there a problem?"

"Yes, we need you here"

"Why?"

"She already knows the truth" and he hung up. I immediately get my key and went to my car not minding to have a breakfast and Dami-noona.

"Damn!" that last thing I utter as I drive away.

The Choi is quite than the usual; no one dared to talk to each other especially Min Jung. Min Hwan has no idea on what is going on, he looked at his mother than to his noona. He goes to his father and pout "Daddy, what's going on?" he asks him, he hugged his father "Nothing to worry Min Hwan, just play at the garden for now" he faced Min Hwan and also gave a hug.

When the doorbell rings, no one also dared to get it. After a few seconds, "Dara-ssi, Seunghyun-ssi, Mr. Kwon Ji Yong is here" the maid excuse herself.

"Please take a seat, Ji Yong" Seunghyun said, "I', sorry to call you, first thing the morning" he continued "It's okay hyung, when you called me, I felt like there is something wrong because of what you've said" he said, he look at Dara and Min Jung, both have swollen eyes "have they cried 'till they fell asleep?" he thought.

Well, who wants to talk first?" Min Jung straightens up while looking at the 3 adults. The 3 of them look at each other "Min Jung" Dara started to speak, Min Jung look at with cold eyes "it's my entire fault" she said.

"It's my entire fault" I finally said, I couldn't take it anymore my heart is about to explode "why?" she asks, I can notice that tears is forming on her eyes, I really don't want to see her suffering "Why, mommy? Why did you do this?" she's crying "Me and your father, did something unforgivable for your Daddy Seunghyun, and you're the fruit it, but we never regret it, I didn't expect it to happen" I said to her "how?" she asks again "Daddy, how did you manage it? How did you manage to forgive mommy?" she looks at Seunghyun, "And you. Uncl—no, should I say, Appa?, how can you keep it? How did you manage it also?" I was taken aback when she calls Ji Yong, appa. She stands up "What should I feel about this ha? Should I be happy about this? That finally my life is ruined, and then I thought all along that daddy Seunghyun is my father? That now, right after the party, you're telling me that he is not but uncle Ji Yong is?, uncle Ji Yong is my FATHER?" she sits back, anger already overpowers her, I should be ready for this, but I'm not, I heard her scoff "Do you ever love me?"

"Do you ever love me?" she said, I was just watching her getting angry to the 3 of us, it's normal for her to get angry since we kept it for 18 years. I waited for her to calm down; I look at Dara and Seunghyun, telling them that it is my turn to speak now, Seunghyun nods while Dara keeps on crying. It pains me to see her cry, yes I still love her.

When I noticed that she's already breathing normally, I cleared my throat "Ehem, my turn now" I said, she looked at me "I'll answer every question you asked" I leaned forward, my arms resting legs as I play with my fingers "your daddy managed to accept your mommy because the relation between me and your mommy, never happened. I was blinded by love for her and that's because we have done the sin. I didn't know that I was going to impregnate her, I have no idea until the day when I met your mommy along with you, and I'm in love with your mommy that it pains me to watch her in the aisle getting married to someone else. That's why I didn't attend the wedding and that time I asked your mommy not to make me one of your godparents. I left the country and came back for some business. I want to be cold to you, but when you approach me, 8 years ago, asking me what love is, that time I already want to be with you. If you remember my story, which was the story of us" I explain. The 3 of them was shocked on what I've said "how did I manage to keep it, I left the country again" I sighed "It is normal for you to get mad at us, we keep this 'till now" I continued

"She doesn't want you to hate her, he doesn't want you to get hurt, and I don't want you to not able to forgive us. It's not only you who suffers a lot now, Min Jung. If you only know the pain we felt, the challenges for keeping it and now you're asking us, do we ever love you? Think again, Min Jung, Think again.