Don't Touch a Thing (Greed-ler x Clumsy Reader)

You sit in a chair in front of the Once-ler's desk, fidgeting while he signs some papers. You glance at the red guitar leaning up against the wall.

     "Hey, Once-ler?"

     "Yes?" he asks, not bothering to look up. He pushes a document aside and starts signing another one.

     "Can I use your guitar?"

     "No."

     "Aw, but why?" you ask.

     "The last time you asked to do something, you broke a door and nearly fell off the balcony," the Once-ler replies, looking up and setting his pen down. "So no, you can't use my guitar."

     "Uh... But that wasn't my fault!" you protest, remembering that incident.

     "Okay... Then what about the time when you broke my desk in half?"

     "Well..."

     "I can list a thousand more things you've broken, Y/N."

     "You're exaggerating."

     "Okay." The Once-ler leans back in his chair and continues, "The telephone, the clock, two paintings, your arm... Do I need to continue?"

     "Fine, you made your point," you say, crossing your arms. "And, uh, sorry again about... well, all of that."

     The office doors open and one of the Once-ler's brothers stands in the doorway. The Once-ler stands up and walks over and the two quietly talk to each other. Finally, he turns to look at you.

     "I'll be gone for a bit," Once-ler says as his brother walks away. "If you want to stay in here, don't touch a thing."

     "Alright."

     "I mean it. I don't want to see anything broken when I get back."

     "Alright, I get it."

     "On second thought, maybe you should wait somewhere else."

     "Once-ler, don't worry," you say with a giggle. "I won't break anything. Look, I'll just stay in this chair, okay?"

     He sighs and gives a smile.

     "Okay," he responds as he opens the doors. "I trust you, Y/N. I'll be back soon."

     The Once-ler leaves the room and you are left alone. Your eyes land on the guitar and you find yourself walking over to it. You poke it and take a step back. 

     "And he thinks I break everything I touch," you say, glancing at the door. 

     You reach over and pick up the shiny guitar, strumming it. After a few minutes, you set it down, a satisfied smile on your face.

     And nothing's broken, you think, turning around. 

     A loud snap causes you to slowly face the guitar. You see two broken strings and cover your mouth, shaking your head. 

     He's going to freak out! Aw man, aw man, aw man, what do I do? you think, panicking. You pick up the guitar and try to fix the strings, but the guitar breaks in half. Groaning, you smack your head and try to come up with a plan. 

     You take the two pieces and run to the door. Outside of the Once-ler's office, you gaze around to see if he's around. With a sigh, you rush to the break room and set the two pieces on a desk, looking through the drawers. You find some glue and other useful supplies and try to fix the guitar. Finally, you give up and hold your head.