Chapter Five

Ryder's P.O.V:
"Thank you everyone." I walk towards the doorway and hit the exit botton. "Ryder. You did good." Doctor Cameron adds quickly, making me turn around to face him. "You did good." He repeats as he smiles at me. "I'm going to let Dr Sheen know how well you did." He adds. I nod slowly before I quickly turn my back towards him and walk out of the O.R.

I make my way down the empty hallways as I slowly lift up my gloved hands that's stained with blood. I swallow hard as I stare at my sister's blood on my gloved hands. I get a few stares from the nurses as they walk past me and out to the main hall.

"It's okay." I tell myself as I inhale in slowly before I exhale out. "It's oka-" I quickly stop when black dots emerge in my vision. Before I can even comprehend what's happening, my feet start to move and I quickly walk out of the halls that lead to the O.R.

I need to get out of here. I need to get away from this place which reminds me of...Of death and the people I lost and the people I almost lost-

"Doctor. You can't go out looking like that!" I hear one of the cleaners shout after me as I rush past him. I don't bother taking off the blood stained gloves or the blood stained gown as I hit my hand on the green exit botton and walk into the main hallway. My vision gets blurry as I look around the brightly lit hallway when I hear a couple of people gasp.

"Ryder?" I turn to my right and watch a man quickly walk up to me. My visions blurry so I can't make him out and his words come out as whispers. "Ryder!" I stumble back a little and hit the reception desk.

"Uncle Nick?" I try to catch my breath.

"Ryder. What's wrong?" Again his words reach to me as whispers. "Iris...W-where's Iris?" He asks.

Iris. Iris....I almost lost my sister because of them. Those people....That-That man almost killed her. He almost-

"Ryder!" I turn to my right quickly and come face to face with my mom's bestfriend, the only man who has ever been there for mom and us kids.
"What happened? This...T-this blood-" Uncle Nick stumbles on his words a little as he places his arm around me.

"Ryder?" I turn away from uncle Nick and follow the second voice. "What's happened? W-where is she?" He asks.

"Marshall?" Uncle Nick says in suprise.

Dad.

"Iris...I almost lost her." I state as I try to stand up on my shaky legs. "I almost lost her again...Because of you she almost died again...She could've-" I try to jump at the bastard but fail miserably when I fall face first on the hospital floor.

"I got you." I hear dad whisper as he clutches onto me with the help of uncle Nick.

"No you don't!" I shout. I push him back before I stumble back a little myself. My vision is still blurry but I can make out the two men as they stand across me.

"You need to calm down Ryder." Uncle Nicks voice comes out as a whisper again.

"I got patients to see...Kids to treat...I can't-I can't...." I stop talking and swallow hard before I push uncle Nicks hand away from my shoulder. I stumble towards the cream coloured door and once i'm inside the empty room, I slam the door shut before I drop down on the floor.

***

In early 2006, I went to Greece as a family with mom, my siblings and my mom's ex husband. Iris and I wanted to go so our parents could amend things between themselves. They didn't know it at the time, but sometimes Iris and I could hear them arguing. God, they never stopped arguing and screaming at eachother. Mom even went away for a while because she was so sick and tired of fighting.