Prologue

I stared at the dead body of my old apprentice, contorted into shapes that would sicken anyone who wasn't used to the sight. However, I was used to it. And all I felt was annoyance.

He just had to die didn't he? Right before I was down training him too!

Maybe it was better this was, though. I needed someone new. Someone I could easily train and lure in. This kid was too stubborn.

My eyes scanned the scene, brushing over the broken and contorted body laying before me surrounded by sprinkles of glass. My eyes lifted up to the sky, and I smiled as I saw the night light of the city beginning to light up and block out the stars.

Others would compare the bright lights to diamonds, but I preferred the term broken glass. They were beautiful, but get to close and you'd cut yourself.

A light bulb flipped on in my head. I needed someone who was cut by the city too many times, who had enough anger to be willing to help me take it out on others.

I need to find a street urchin. A good street rat willing to learn...or one I could threaten. Either works well enough for me.

I hopped up, eager to go find a new apprentice. Watch out kids! Here I come! 

If you didn't notice, this is just a prologue. The other chapters will be longer. Hopefully, the first real chapter will be out on Wednesday and will be updated on a weekly basis. This is a joint story written by both Cecil and Xandria!