CHAPTER 1

For 22 year old Deandra, a middle class woman living in New York, life has proven itself to be very difficult. She works two jobs to keep her head above water, by day she works as a waitress in a small café and by night she works in a small bar. Deandra doesn't allow life to get her down, her late parents always taught her to look for the positive side of every situation. As long as this young woman has food on her table each day and a roof over her head she is contented.

Deandra's POV

"Urggg.... Stupid alarm!" I thought as I rolled out of bed still wearing last nights clothes. I walked into the bathroom, removed my pony-holder, washed my face and said to myself "You are beautiful, you are worth a lot and you are going to make it in life." After my mini therapy session I did my morning routine and headed for the café.

Upon arrival I was greeted by my 'Not So Nice' boss Cheryl. "Good morning" I chirped only to be ignored, but that didn't bother me, after 3 years you get used to it. I put on my apron and got strait to work. I swept, cleaned tables and filled the display with freshly baked goods, made by non other than my bestie Coya. By the time I was finished with preparations it was time to open and sure enough there was a customer within the first five minutes of being open.

He was dressed in business attire and paid attention only to his cell. " Give me a black coffee with one teaspoon of sugar and a splash of soy milk" he said blankly without lifting his head out of his phone. He didn't even bother to say good morning and he thinks he can just pass orders, well I know that I'm a waitress and I'm supposed to take orders but that's not the same. " Ummm I think next time you should start with good morning" I said with a partially forced smile. He looked up out of his phone (finally) and emotionlessly said "Get me my Damn coffee I'm not in the mood"

What in 'the hell' was wrong with that handsome devil????? Without another word I left to make his Coffee. I didn't bother to argue because he wasn't worth wasting my breath and I refused to let him get me down this early in the morning. I handed him the his coffee and instead of walking away he took one sip and said " what the FUCK is this?!" Now that hurt. I was speechless I mean I've had my fair share of rude customers but he was by far the worst. I have to admit he hurt my feelings but I wasn't about to let him know that. I mustered up all the courage I had and shouted "Why the hell didn't you make it yourself?!" He looked at me with nothing less than pure hatred, his grey eyes ice cold and he said lowly "What's your name? you're getting fired today!" Who does he think he is? Did he think he could scare me? This guy has the audacity to threaten me hmph. "My name is Deandra MOTHER FUCKING Pierre! Do something" Who the hell is this guy?

Without saying a word he walked out of the café. within the next 10 minutes Cheryl (my boss) walked up to me and shouted "Are you trying to put me out of business? You're fired!" I didn't understand what she meant "put her out of business" I walked into the kitchen to tell Coya (my bestie) what just went down but apparently she already knew. "Bitch! what the hell were you thinking cussing out Mr. Garraway like that?!" I was confused as to who Mr. Garraway was and why was she scolding me. "Who is Mr. Garraway and why is he so important to you? I come I here to tell you I got fired and here you are scolding me instead of being the supportive friend I need!!" I shouted. Coya looked at me and shook her head saying " Of course, you got fired. Didn't you think you'd get fired to being rude to THE Leonardo Garraway, CEO of Garraway Companies Ltd? what has gotten into you? you don't usually use such colourful words, that's not how you roll. Now you know I cuss enough for both of us!"

I wasn't in the mood for a lecture I took my things and I left. By the time I got home it was 9:30 am and I had a few hours till it was time to go to my other job so I climbed into bed and took a much needed rest.

A/N: Hey guys 🙋 this is my first book so please excuse the erros🙈 I have no idea what I'm doing.