Chapter 5

Once the carrier had stopped shaking, I completely forgot about the panic attack and ran out the door to find the others and to find out what happened

Once the carrier had stopped shaking, I completely forgot about the panic attack and ran out the door to find the others and to find out what happened. Running through the hallways was hard enough as it is, but now there were hundreds of SHIELD employees running back and forth trying to help out and to get to their destination, I'm struggling to find where I need to go through all the chaos among the carrier. Once I reach the top deck I spot Maria.

"Hill what's happening?" I yelled running towards her. She looks up from yelling commands and looks almost grateful to see me.

"We've been attacked! Most definitely some of Loki's minions including Barton and Hulk is loose down in the sublevels." Hill says and I nod pulling my gun out to make sure it's loaded before I start to back out of the room.

"I'll go take down whoever I can and secure Loki. What's happening with the others? Where's the scepter?" I yell back again. She shrugs and continues to yell orders at the other agents on the deck at computers. I sigh before turning and continue running the path along until I reach the lab. It's empty and the scepter is gone. "Shit."

Looking at the massive hole in the middle of the lab I worry who might be down there. Before I can even think about jumping down there I hear shots coming from somewhere close by so I leave without hesitation. Once I'm out and into the hall I spot a few bodies, bloodied and mangled, lying haphazardly throughout it. Swallowing tightly I continue steadily down the illuminated hallways, barely making a sound. When I get to a cross section I can hear more comotion and lean against the wall, moving my head lightly to see around the corner. I spotted three men in all black, no badges or identification material; definitely Loki's goons, quickly reloading there guns out in the open. How stupid, I think smirking.

Rounding the corner quickly I run and shoot two of them, before zig zagging towards the other as he tries to shoot at me. I leap against the wall before wrapping my thighs around his face and neck, suffocating him in the process of taking him down onto the floor. I flip backwards off the floor, ending in a crouching position as the man rebalances himself and looks at me with a cold glare.

"Now who do we have here?" He sneers while getting up and brandishing a knife. I raise an eyebrow at the knife expectantly before replying.

"Your worst nightmare." He doesn't hesitate before slashing violently at me and I duck quickly to avoid being killed. I whirl to the side as he too turns to face me, watching my every move. The thought that no one has come to help yet is surprising passes quickly through my head before I'm pulled back to reality by having to duck again but getting slightly nicked by the knife on my jawline. I put my index and middle finger to the area lightly, pulling them back to show blood. I look at him without emotion before snatching the knife that was hidden my bra, before slicing so quick along his throat that he would have never seen it coming. I stare emotionless as his knife clatters to the ground, his hands going to his neck and grasping desperately for air. He slumps to the floor choking on his own blood, some sliding down from his mouth as he drowns although no water surrounds us. I lean down to grab his knife while continuing to stare into his eyes. In only a moment he gasps for one large breath before whatever light was in his eyes dims and he stops breathing finally. I continue to stare, feeling nothing. No remorse, not even coldness... just nothingness.

Stepping away from the body I retreat back down the hallway I come across Nick. He stared at me with his calculating eye, although I'm unable to determine what he's thinking. Without even thinking about it I wipe my knife that's coated in blood on the sleeve of jacket, before beginning to walk away.

"It's what he deserved." My voice echoes against the walls of the empty hallways, making my way back through the helicarrier in search of other things to do to help out.

It's not long before I come across something I can help out with. I see Cap wrestling with a bunch of men, presumedly Loki's men. They're fighting in an open room that's been blasted from the outside, surging winds blowing through the corridor just outside of the room. I push against it and take a running leap at one of the two men that the American hero is fighting and we fall to the ground, his automatic gun falling somewhere to the ground near us. Taken by surprised and sprawled openly on the floor, I take my advantage. I get on top of him, trapping his body between my knee's, while kneeling over him and punching him repeatedly to the face. Jaw, nose, nose, nose, jaw. I only stop when someone has grabbed my fist to stop me. I look up to see Steve with a haunted look in his eyes and I immediately push myself off the man, backing away silently. What the hell is wrong with me?

I look at the man and shudder at the sight before me. His face is basically caved in from being repeatedly punched in the same area. "Is he dead?" I ask quietly, my voice is barely above a whisper. Steve nods and stands to his full height after kneeling next to me. I bet that man to death. Dear god, what am I doing. Before I can even process what the hell I've done, our coms crackle to life. "Agent Coulson is down."

"A medical team is on its way to your location." A random voice responds.

"They're here. They called it."

Coulson was dead.

Lmao hey what's poppin?! Look who's alive and finally decided to update. Anyway, I finally fixed everything up (hopefully it's all in order now and they're no mistakes. If they're is just let me know!)

Also can I just say thank you for 45K reads? Holy shit that is amazing. I'm so grateful and love you all xx

Also! Congrats to Zara for winning the dedication. I too love Black Widow with my whole heart. She is a cherished character to me and will be treated with nothing but respect. <3