Chapter 7: The Plan

So school started, :(((((

----------------------------------

Ruby suddenly woke up. She looked around with tearful eyes and realized that she's in her room. She wiped her tears and got up from her bed. She must have doze off while she was listening to a soft melody from F.r.i.d.a.y. It's been 3 days since Tony gave her the hearing aids and she had been trying to catch every sound she can. She went to the bathroom, which was in her room, and thought of her dreadful dream. It was a memory more than a dream to be honest. It was the memory of the first day for her assassin project. That was the day HYDRA decided to actually use her body's immune system.

After she was done with the bathroom she went back to her room and wore black jeans and a shirt. Then she went to the kitchen to get a bite. As she ate her cereal in peace F.r.i.d.a.y. spoke.

'Ruby, Mr. Stark requests you to his labs.'

Ruby jumped when F.r.i.d.a.y. spoke and it caused her cereal to spill all over the table.

"Gosh F.r.i.d.a.y. I told you to warn me when you do that." Ruby said as she cleaned the mess on the table.

'Sorry, miss. I will install that on my data base.' F.r.i.d.a.y. said

"Thanks and tell Tony I'll be over in a second." She said and walk to the halls that led to the labs.

She walked the halls and thought about what Tony would want. It's been 3 days since they talked. It wasn't that she was mad at him or anything, he was just locked in his labs and nobody saw him in the building anymore. Same thing happened to Vision. After that day that she saw him, he disappeared as well. Since then Ruby had to hang out with Rhodes. And to say she was bored was a lie. Rhodes shared with her all the stories of Tony screwing up which was the least to say hilarious. 

When she arrived to the door labs she knocked on it and immediately the door opened. Tony appeared with a serious face.

"Hi?" Ruby said awkwardly

"Come on" Tony said as Ruby got into the lab. "We don't have much time."

"What do you mean?" She asked

"I'll explain later." He said. "Now I need you to do something. It's really important. "

"Ok? Of course." She said doubtfully "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to try to change how you look like" Tony said "Can you do that?"

"Yeah . . . sure" She said and raised an eyebrow. "But what look do you want me to make?"

"Umm . . . Can you change your hair into blonde?" Tony asked and Ruby did what he said.

Slowly her dark brown hair changed into blonde and Tony cracked a smile.

"Ok, now change your eye color to blue . . ." He said and the hazel-honey color in her eyes change into light blue color.

"So?" Ruby said. "Now what?"

"Can you change your skin a bit lighter?" Tony said with a smirk.

"Ok?" She said and did as he said.

After she did everything he told her to do she looked like a different person. Well not that different but she didn't look like herself anymore. She walked over to a clear window and observed her appearance as Tony picked up a button. He lifted her shirt and stuck a button on her back when she wasn't looking. Ruby quickly turned around and frowned at him.

"What did you do?" She asked him and tried to reach the button that was stuck on her back, but it was way too far.

"What I had to" He said and went back to the table. He pressed a bunch of stuff and immediately the button light up a bit.

"What did you have to do?" Ruby said angrily.

"Ok, so tomorrow you'll go to Queens and start attending Midtown School of Science and Technology." Tony said simply. "And the device on your back prevents you from using your powers which also prevents you from changing back to your original look. Now the look you have will act as a mask when you go-"

"What!?!" Ruby yelled with disbelief. "Why-y?!?!"

"Look Rubes, the government is trying so hard to find you." Tony said and folded is arms. "And I promised you that they'll never find you, so that's what I'm doing."

"No, you are not doing this!" Ruby yelled. "Why can't I just stay with you?"

"Because Secretary Ross is already suspicious and if we give him a couple more days he'll sniff you out like a dog sniff a bone" Tony explained "Now I rented you a really good apartment and it's super close to your school, so I think you should thank me instead of arguing."

"What makes you think I wanted to go to school?" Ruby said.

"Ruby just stop!" Tony yelled. "I'm trying  . . . to keep you safe, so just stop complaining."

Ruby looked at him furiously and then walked out of the labs without a second glance. She walked through the halls and cursed the day she meet him. She didn't want to live alone again, not after she finally found her father. When she reached her room she slammed the door and sat on her bed. She tried to pick up something with her powers, but as Tony said, it didn't work. And that just mad her angrier.

But in all that rage she understood why Tony was doing this. He wanted to keep her safe and she got it, but she wanted to stay with him. She just wanted to breathe a little. She didn't wanted school or responsibilities or anything.

-------------------------------------

So as I said, school started at my place and you don't have to worry about late updates cause I wrote a lot during the summer on my computer.

And i'm starting to feel like my chapters are getting shorter. I don't know if you like longer chapters, but please tell me in the comments.

Anyways, byeeee.

Word Count: 1034

Vote

Share

Comment

Or whatever...