Chapter 14: Nightmares and Hospitals

I know I'm pretty late, but I've been busy with stuff from school work to the new story. 

Anyways enjoy, and if you can, please check out my new story.

----------------------------------------

She was sitting in a chair, in a room full of mirrors. She looks around as one of the mirrors opens like a door and a man walks in. He walks in and takes a set in front of her. She tries to avoid eye contact and looks at the mirrors around her.

"Subject E305." The man said sharply. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Slowly she looked up at the man. He was the same man who burned her from the inside out. He was Mischa. It has been a year since he injected her with whatever the black chemical was.

After that day, changes have been happening to her body. The people at HYDRA would take her to this room that was full of mirrors then see how the chemical react to certain things. And she's pretty sure behind those mirrors were more people witnessing whatever that's happening to her body.

Subject E305 stared at Mischa angrily as he tied her to the chair. He picked a knife from the table and held her tiny 7 years old hand. Slowly he cut her as she flinched. After he was done he put the knife away and looked at Subject E305 with a smirk.

"Close your hand, dear" He ordered.

But Subject E305 just stared at him with raging eyes. Suddenly, Mischa slapped her and watched as the redness on her cheek slowly disappears.

"Why don't you be a good girl and close your god damn hand." He said through his teeth.

Subject E305 only smirked, knowing she had the power to piss him off. She closed her bloody hand and looked up at Mischa. He waited for 5 minutes then ordered her to open her hand.

She opened it and as she expected the cut was gone as well as the blood, but there was a faint scar that appeared. Mischa has done this multiple times before. This made Subject E305 only wonder why he does it again.

But instead of taking her to her room like he did all the other times, Mischa picked up another knife. The knife was glowing a bright red as if it had got out of a hot stove. He smirked as he held Subject E305's other hand. She tried to pull away but the ropes kept her in place.

Mischa slowly made the knife sit on her hand as she cried out in pain. When he picked up the knife, he saw a burn mark in her hand. He ordered her to close her hand and she did without hesitation. He waited 10 minutes before ordering her to open her hand again. She did, but something was wrong. Instead of the burn mark disappearing as the cut did, the burn was still there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ruby suddenly woke up. She blinked her eyes to adjust to the bright light. She slowly sat up and looked around her. She was defiantly not in her apartment; she was in a hospital bed. She held her head as it throbbed then realized something. She looked at her right hand and saw burn marks. Ugly and disfigured burn marks, which she didn't mind at all. She touched it but it only hurt a bit.

She looked at the door as a man walked in. Ruby rubbed her eyes to get a better look at the man as he walked closer. He had blonde hair and light brown eyes. The man walked and sat on the chair beside her.

"How are you, sweetie?" The man asked

"Uh. . . I'm fine?" She said with a raised eyebrow. "Umm.... Who are you?"

The man looked around first as if he was searching for cameras. He came closer to her and spoke in a very low voice.

"My name is Joe Brown. Your father sent me here to become your fake dad." The man said.

"Oh . . . right." Ruby said softly. "Author Hudson? Right?"

"Yeah, but you should call me dad so we don't garb attention." Joe said. "Anyways, I need you to answer a few questions. Is that ok?"

"Yeah, ok, fire away." Ruby said in a playful mood, trying to hide her heavy heart.

"Can you tell me what happened to you? Anything you remember will be helpful." He said.

So Ruby told him everything she remembers, which wasn't much. She told him that she was working and suddenly an explosion happened. She told him about how the explosion was purple, and how she passed out. But there was something she held back. Before Mr. Delmar ordered her to go to the back, she remembered catching a glimpse of a guy in red and blue tights. She knew it was Spider-Man, but she never told Joe about it.

After he questioned her, he left and went to talk to the doctor about her medical situation. As Ruby sat in the quiet and empty room, she thought about the memory she just had. She barely remembers the stuff that happened to her at HYDRA, and those little memories seem to bring back the pain. She remembers that she had been tortured, but not how they did it.

She thought for some time until her head started to hurt. So she decided to sleep for a little while. She curled up into a ball under the covers and tried to sleep, but then a thought disturbed her.

Where's my dad?

She frowned as she thought about it. She survived an explosion and Tony wasn't there. She wondered what he was doing. Suddenly she felt a wave of emotions fall on her, and she didn't like it. She sat up again and tried to think about something else. She started to think about her memory again, and something suddenly clicked in her mind.

She was only hurt from heat. It made sense. Wherever she got a scratch or a bruise they would fade away in a few days, faster than the normal person. But the burns would always stay. Then she remembered. All of her scars from HYDRA weren't normal scars. They used to heat up knifes and use them to torture her. HYDRA knew that a normal knife would not hurt her that much, so the turned to another option which was to add heat.

Slowly memories started to surface into her mind. Not all of them, but enough to make her eyes watery. She felt a few tears on her cheeks and quickly wiped them away. She shook all the thoughts away from her head and lied down again. A few moments passed and finally her body fell into a deep sleep. 

------------------------------------

Ok so that's it for this chapter, and don't worry this story isn't on hold. It will probably be tho, but not now.

Word Count: 1155

Vote

Share

Comment 

Or whatever...