Chapter Seven

NIALL'S POV:

Everyone else was asleep. And what was I doing? I was lying awake in my bunk thinking about Sam. I was remembering everything we did together as children. I remembered all the times I comforted her when she cried. But there was one memory-one moment, that I just couldn't get out of my head. Did that mean something? Does it mean I still love her? Crap, if I do, I doubt she would ever reciprocate the feelings now, after everything I did.

I decided to forget about it. I couldn't fall asleep now. I decided to go and get some food. I snuck out of my bunk trying to make the least amount of noise that I could. I went over to the kitchen area and started searching for something I wanted in the fridge. Suddenly, I heard movement. I stood up and faced the sound. It was Sam.

"Oh, it's you..." She mumbles.

She tries to turn away and go back to bed but I quickly go and grab her wrist without hurting her. 

"Please, Sam," I beg. "Can we please talk?" 

She nods hesitantly and sits down on the couch. I sit down beside her and I begin talking.

SAM'S POV:

I woke up and it seemed sleep would just not come back to me. I got up and saw someone's head in the fridge. They got up and I saw that it was Niall.

"Oh, it;s you..." I mumble.

I turn to walk back to my bunk, trying to avoid conversation with him. 

He then grabs my wrist lightly, so that he doesn't hurt me.

"Please, Sam. Can we please talk?" He begged.

I nodded reluctantly and say on the couch. He sits down beside me.

"Sam, you have no idea how sorry I am. I feel like a complete asshole. Truth is, I don't know why I stopped talking to you. I don't know why I didn't answer your texts. I'm not going to sit here and say I was busy and had no time. That's just an excuse. And that;s no excuse for doing that to my best friend. I still wanna be your best friend. Sam, if there was a way to take back the last three years I would. I would of given up being on the X Factor as long as we could still be best friends. I would have given up being in this band. Because having you be my best friend is better than any of that."

I couldn't stay mad at him. What he just said was to sweet. "Do you mean that Ni Ni?" I ask.

He nods. "I would do anything to have you in my life."

I hug him tightly. He seemed surprised at first, but then returns the hug."Ni Ni, I missed you so much." I say, almost crying.

"Sammy, I missed you so much too."

"You know, I would never have let you give up your dream for me."

"I know you wouldn't of. You're stubborn like that. So tell me, why are you in America? And now, suddenly you're famous." He chuckles. We are now lying down on the couch, with me being wrapped in his arms.

"I moved here after I graduated. And uh, Paul's my step dad. He heard me singing once and got me signed." 

"I missed so much in my best friend's life. That's it! I'm going to make it up to you." 

 "Ni, you don't have to do that. Having you as my best friend again is good enough." I said, with a yawn.

"Maybe you should go back to sleep."

"Okay..Niall, you are my best friend."

I fell asleep to him saying "Forever and always."