The Calling

"Ow! Watch it, buddy." Tony looked at his side quizzically, feeling a bruise coming on. 

Steve made his move and saw Tony parrying again. "You have to keep your guard up at all times, Tony." He went for another blow, but Tony was ready. Stark grabbed his forearm and turned it slightly, barely making an impact on Cap's hip before he moved.

Nat was on the side, looking at her nails and studying the whole thing with a bored but somewhat interested gaze. "You boys wanna know a real punch? Tony, go to your left and aim for his abdomen." She smirked.

Tony only gave her a glance, which looked as if he didn't care. "So you're saying -" He moved awkwardly closer to Steve's left.

"No. Let me show you." She got up casually and stepped near Tony, making him step to the side. Nat got into her regular fighting stance and lunged for Cap without warning.

Steve took a second to parry the blow with his forearm, taking on the full impact. The second move she made, he wasn't so fortunate. He got half that blow on his upper abdomen... His look was of surprise, and yet, Tony savored the moment to see Cap being beaten by Natasha. But his look meant otherwise. 

Making his move, circling Nat, Steve threw his upper knee towards her. She simply pushed it away with her leg and tried a snap move on his other knee, resulting in them both falling on top of each other; Steve getting up quickly, getting ready for another bout. Nat, getting up, looking towards Tony. 

"You see what I mean, right? His hips below are more of a target. A blind spot. Most likely, your enemies will have the same issue, depending on if they're paying attention..." 

Natasha breathed quickly, moving. She squatted and went for a backward leg sweep under Cap. But he jumped. 

"Good. You are paying attention." She smiled and got up again, walking past Steve, who nodded, then patted Tony's shoulder hard. "Now try what I did and take my advice."

Stark looked at his watch and shrugged, "Maybe later. I've got a meeting to attend with Pep. New business for the city. Rebuilds.. stuff like that."

Natasha looked unsurprised, knowing that Tony would skimp out of a fight with the Super Soldier, who would possibly put his ego to shame. She smiled inwardly but frowned outwardly.

Steve walked towards the other end of the gym, getting a towel to wipe the now-forming sweat beads that dotted his brow and nose. "Guess we all better get busy -"

"RING RING RING-- Hello?" Tony answered it. There was a silent subtle pause at the other end.

"This is Tony, right? Put Steve on the phone." Hawkeye spoke, looking at his wife packing.

Tony's eyes rolled halfway, giving the phone to Cap. "It's Legolas. He wants you."

Steve took the phone, looking unsure. "Hey, Clint, what's up?"

"Hey, Cap. It's been a few months. Was wondering if you could do me and Sarah a favor. It's not that big of a favor, but it's just until I get back from a mission."

"Solo Mission? Did Fury sign you?" Cap was looking at the towel in his hand.

A huff at the other end, "Yes. I need you to watch The Nest. Laura has to visit her mother, so she'll be there for only a moment to give you a tour."

"Oh. The Nest. I had thought you guys had shut it down, but I guess I'll take up your favor." Steve smiled at the other end, looking up at Nat, "Can I bring some fellow Avengers to help me with the job?"

Clint made a face, "Sure. That sounds good to me. But keep up on your team, ok? I don't want you guys to have fun." His voice was half chuckle.

"Will do, Clint. We'll be there in a few."

"Alright, Cap." He hung up.

"So what did he want?" Tony leaned on a bench, putting his shoes back on, also grabbing a towel.

"He needs us to watch over The Nest while they're gone. It's going to be a group effort." Rodgers stood straight, hanging up the phone on the wall, where it had previously been.

Natasha smiled, "Oh I love that place."  Tony sighed at Natasha.

"Well, of course, Stark you have a meeting to attend. You don't want to be late for the new builds." Cap folded the towel, putting it in a nearby bin.

"You are right." Stark retorted, walking for the gym door, then turned slightly towards them, "Be there when I can." He walked out with the door shutting precariously behind him.

Steve sighed, "It's going to be a mission for us."

"I'll call up the rest of the Avengers..." She scrolled on her phone.. stopping at Banner. "Well, the ones who can come."

Cap walked towards the door. "Tell them to meet me at The Nest whenever they can. But it has to be today." With that, he walked out the door, closing it softly behind him.

Natasha sighed, "Maybe it would be good for the little guy, not so much the big one, but there is that chance." She dialed.