Tall Castles, Evilyns, and Teatime Dressup

I look at Lucas with wide eyes.

Partially because I'm surprised to see him, and partially because the heights are making me sick.

The dragon picked him up too?

I can clearly see a look of bewilderment on his face, as if he couldn't quite process what's happening. He keeps looking around him, trying to figure out what to think.

Hah. He's an idiot, just as I predicted.

I still can't seem to believe that this devil is up here with me. Like, what? Why on earth would the dragon pick him up, too? I think he's too stupid to even be touched.

Just as I thought that, my leg swings a little and touches his leg.

...Forget what I said.

After my thoughts begin to kick in, I realise that I have to escape. I look at the dragon and try to squirm out of his grasp. Lucas suddenly looks at me and exclaims, "What are you doing?"

"Trying to escape!" I yell, wriggling my arms.

"Are you that stupid?" he yells back.

"Well at least I'm not a complete fool, like you! You're not even trying to do anything!"

Lucas looks at me with narrow eyes. "You do realise that if it lets go of you, you're gonna fall all the way down there?" he says, motioning his head to the land far below us.

I hate to admit it, but now that he mentioned it, he's right.

I sigh as I flopped my arms in defeat. As we fly through the sky, a huge cloud blows in my face and almost drenches me. Some of the water even went into my mouth. I quickly spat out the water in disgust. Beside me, I can hear Lucas laughing like a maniac.

As much I hate him, it's good to know that he's functioning normally now.

"What's so funny?" I ask him angrily.

"Your face!" he says, laughing harder.

Before I could retort, I notice something in the distance. It is tall and huge. It has silver grey rooves and dark, purple walls. The main tower stands exceedingly tall in the sky. There was even a balcony up there. The castle is so high up in the sky that I couldn't even see the ground.

Gulp.

The dragon glides us to one of the lower towers at the front of the castle. His wings stretch out far and he makes a turn. He tilts dangerously towards the right.

I think I'm gonna throw up.

The dragon begins to speed up. He soars past the left of the castle and makes a round turn. Then he steers into what looks like a cove dug into the castle wall.

"What is this place?" I ask rhetorically.

"Even a blind person would know better than you," Lucas says, the huge smirk sliding across his face once again.

"That's not what I meant, your annoying highness," I growl at him.

"Ooh, using nicknames already, huh?" He says, turning to look at me.

"Shut it," I snap. I don't have time for this now.

The dragon approaches the cove and drops us to the side before he gracefully lands on the surpringly smooth floor. Then a couple of strange-looking people covered in black and wearing creepy, white masks with fangs run into the cove through a tunnel. They pin us to the ground and tie us up.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Lucas and I say in unison. I almost jinx him when the guy on top of me speaks in a dark, hoarse, whispery voice, "You're going to see our king." Then they pull us up from the floor and drag us through the tunnels.