-} Three {-

The next day, Izuku was running a drill in the blocked off room him and his sensei used for his lessons. Asuga was about to give him feedback when the bell above the dojo's door rang out.

"I'll be right back, take a water break." She strode out of the room, sliding the paper door out of the way and swaggering out to meet whoever had entered. "And who might you be?"

Izuku kept quiet as he listened in, green water bottle held up to his mouth but not tipped enough to drink. He was curious as to who it was, most new students called before hand and any visiting masters had ceremonies to welcome them.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, it's just I was hoping to meet one of your students." The man's voice was deep, but that's all Izuku was risking learning about him. If his sensei caught him eavesdropping she'd make his next week hell for it. "I am . . . A trainer to put it in simple terms, and saw them the other day. The sludge villain incident?"

"If you're speaking of that blonde boy? No, I wouldn't let that brat anywhere near my dojo. However, the green haired boy does go here. My star pupil, in fact." The pride in her voice had a beaming smile covering Izuku's face in an instant.

"Indeed I was talking about the young green haired boy." The man chuckled. "Would it be okay for me to meet him? Not without his consent of course."

"Sure thing," Asuga was most likely grinning by her tone of voice. "I'm Asuga Takahashi, just call me Taka, if you want."

"Toshinori Yagi."

"Pleasure," Asuga said before calling out, "Izu! I know you were listening, get your ass out here!" The man she was talking to sputtered out something, but Izuku was too busy giggling to himself to hear.

"Sorry Sensei, I was curious." Izuku slid the door open and padded over to the two adults, smile still lighting up the room. "Hello Yagi-San, I'm Izuku Midoriya. Nice to meet you. Though I am confused on why you asked after me." He tilted his head to side, green curls shifting over his brow and wide eyes shining with pure curiosity and interest.

"Ah, Young Midoriya," Yagi blinked a few time and Asuga chuckled.

"Oh yes, Izu here is quite the charmer, isn't he? Just as cute as a baby bunny." She pinched one of Izuku's freckled cheeks before ruffling his hair. The boy let out a squeak before ducking his head to try and escape. "So, what is it you were wanting to talk to him about?"

"Oh, um-" The blonde man seemed taken aback by the student and teacher antics in front of him. "I know he already trains here, but I was hoping to also take him under my wing? He would still work here and everything, however also train under my eye. This is, of course, depending on what he is hoping to do in the future, though."

Izuku stared, wide eyed, and blinking.

Asuga, however, had no such qualms. "He wants to be a hero, something I have full faith he can achieve. He trains here daily, yes. Could you please explain exactly who you are? I will not just hand my pupil off to anyone who wants me to." Her voice was stern, arms crossed over her chest and feet set in a firm stance. 

"Of course." Yagi's blue eyes were bright as he smiled softly. "I am glad he wishes to be a hero, that makes this a hundred times easier. I am a hero trainer, I work with heroes daily and am currently taking a position at UA." He smiled widely, skinny frame and slightly bent forward posture contrasted by his baggy suit. "If this young man accepts my offer, I will train him for the upcoming year's entrance exam. I found his actions yesterday moving and inspiring, fit for a hero."

Izuku's green eyes were as wide as lily pads, bright as emeralds, and sparkling like grass in the sun. All his life people had pushed him down, the only one telling him he could be a hero was his sensei. And yet, here was this stranger, telling him he was more than worthy to be trained for the hero course at UA.

"You . . . You really think?" The boy muttered.

"Listen here," Asuga stared the man down. "Don't you dare take that back. Those words mean the world to this boy, and he can explain why if he feels like it, so don't you dare take them back." Her sharp nail was pointed right at the man's nose, her only standing two inches shorter than him helped in that.

"Why would I take them back?"

"I'm quirkless . . ." Izuku said, right hand grasping his left elbow and chin tucked towards his chest.

"You are quirkless and still chose to run to help that boy?" The man blinked, staring at Izuku with crystal eyes.

"Yes."

Yagi inhaled slowly. "Proves my point doesn't it?" He smiled, wide and proudly.

"R-really?!" Izuku's breathing picked up, his hands grasping at his shirt as he looked up at the tall blonde man.

"Really, my boy."

"Good." Asuga snapped. Her dark eyes pinned the skinny man before her like lasers through his skull. "Don't let me hear tale of you being an ass, I will not hesitate at kick yours."

Yagi laughed, full belly laughs. "I do not doubt it. I've learned over the years to not put anything past a woman with something to protect. And I learned it the hard way." He smirked, crossing his arms.

"Fantastic, I might not have to gut you." She grinned back at the man. "Now, give me your number and we will talk out a schedule, I have lessons to tech after all."

Yagi took out a pad of paper and wrote down his number. "I look forward to working with you, you too Young Midoriya. Farewell, then." He turned and left, the jingle of a bell sounding off.

"Well," Asuga turned to her pupil, a grin slowly taking over her sharp features. "Looks like you have another mentor." The slight worry to her voice wasn't new, Izuku was much to selfless and reckless for it to be the first time she worried over him. Though, it was a new kind. The kind of a teacher seeing their student growing up, and possibly leaving.

"Don't worry Taka-Sensei," Izuku gave a soft smile up at her, emerald eyes shining with pride and love. "You will always be my favorite teacher and person. Other than my mother of course." He winked playfully.

Asuga ruffled his hair playfully again, laughing as she smiled warmly. "You bet, second to Inko is a place I'll be proud to take anytime. That woman is a godsend." Izuku nodded, smile still plain as day. "Now, come on we have to be fast to make up for lost time." Izuku jogged back into his training room, after his sensei, and started up where he left off.

This . . . Hope, was burning in his stomach, and it was one of the best feelings in the world.