-} Six {-

By the time they were a week away from the UA entrance exam, Midoriya had cleared a good portion of the beach. He hadn't finished it, he only worked three days a week on the site, pacing himself so that he built up muscles but in away that packed on lean and trim instead of bulky and stiff. 

He was planning on using his speed and agility the most, though he was no slouch in the strength department. 

Exactly a week before the exam Asuga sat him down in their training room for a talk. 

His sensei sat across from him, and between them rest a mat covered in different weapons he had trained in. 

"Now, my dear pupil." Her voice was slightly teasing, lips turned up in a smirk. "You need to decide which of these weapons you want to use for your hero-ing. At least the main ones. You can have back-ups, obviously, but what do you want your signature to be?" Asuga's eyes glinted, never leaving Izuku's face as he scanned the vast array. 

She had an idea of what he would pick, and if she was right that meant she had an extra special surprise for him. 

Izuku thought long and hard, alternating between picking up a weapon and holding his chin. 

Finally the boy sighed, nodded to himself and looked his teacher in the eye. 

"I've got it." Izuku then picked up five different types of weapons. 

First the yawara, a simplistic Japanese weapon. Really it was just a weighted cylinder that was just big enough for you to grasp and the ends stick out on either in of your fist. For blunt force moves and to knock the breath out of someone without killing them. Though if you hit the right place with any sort of weapon it could kill. 

Then he grabbed the kunai, again a Japanese weapon-made popular by animes like Naruto and the like. Dagger like, diamond shaped, with a ring at the end of the handle for slipping your fingers into so you could spin the weapon around. Deadly, but Izuku would be sure to make his dulled and to be extra cautious when using said blade. 

Next he picked another weapon you used in a set, the tonfas. A solid beam of either wood or metal, with a handle jutting off to the side. You grip the handles and use the main beam for defense or offense. It would help him when he found himself on the end of an attack that needed more of a sturdy counter and not just quick movements. 

Setting them down beside his other choices, Izuku reached for a weapon that could take two hands or just one, depending on the move and skill level of the user. The chain whip. Fast, with a long reach, able to subdue an opponent and deal damage. Perfect for multi-use, especially if he gets one made specifically for hero work. 

Lastly he chose a weapon not many men did, based on stereotypes or just not finding it appealing as something with a straight forward attack plan; fans. Izuku had taken a liking to the fans when he started training with them. They were tricky, but graceful and so, so useful in so many ways. 

"I knew it." Taka-Sensei grinned, chuckling to herself. 

"What did you know?" Izuku smiled, wanting to hear what his teacher had to say. 

"I knew that you'd choose those weapons, each one useful in their own way and all except one used in pairs . . ." Asuga smiled, rising to her feet, crossing the room, and opening her duffle bag. She pulled out a box; black in color, a foot tall, and two feet wide. "I want you to open this." His sensei placed the box in front of him, then sat back down. 

Izuku looked up at her through his green curls, gaze confused. 

"Just open it, Izu." 

Taking a deep breath, Izuku opened the case, breaking through the magnetic latch that kept it closed. 

The inside of the box had sections dipped out of the foam casing, each section filled with a different item. 

In the right bottom corner rest two yawara, made from steel with green grips. The left corner had a set of kunai, again made of steel, the handles the same dark green from before. Then there was the chain whip, a matching shade of green, wrapped around a set of fans. 

Izuku took the fans out, spreading them out while blinking in shock. The fans themselves were made from some sort of reinforced metal, dark green, a white sakura pattern painted on one side of each. There was a small black button where Izuku's thumb would rest, pressing it revealed thin blades out of the crest of the fan. 

In a daze, Izuku set them back, moving on to the last thing. 

Holding what looked like metal handles, Izuku tightened his grip. He flinched when the handles expanded into tonfas. 

Finally, Izuku met his teacher's eyes. She grinned at him in pride. "I have a friend that owed me a lot of favors that happens to work in Hero support items. It didn't take that much to have her make these. They're sturdy, you can use them in the test with the right paper work since they were made by a support company, and . . . Well I wanted to spoil you a little bit, Kid." 

Izuku carefully put the tonfas back, wiping his eyes before he stood. His head was still down as he walked around the mat between him and his teacher. The woman sighed, standing up with a fond grin on her face. 

She embraced her pupil, rubbing his shaking shoulders. 

He had earned this, he had earned this chance. There was no one in the whole world that could convince her of any different. The kid in her arms had a heart of gold, a will of unbreakable steel, there was just one thing he wasn't born with. 

Someone who supported him. 

Asuga had said she would do everything in her power to be that person, the one who could claim that honor. 

And she had. 

"You'll be a hero, Izuku. You'll be a best goddamn hero the world has ever seen." The boy just sobbed harder, clutching his teacher. "That's it, Kid, get it out." She had learned Izuku wore his emotions on his sleeve very early on. They had worked on him hiding what he was feeling and thinking from an opponent for years. 

But she had always made the fact exceptionally clear that when he was with her, he was completely safe to explain what was going on in that head of his. What was on his heart. 

Something the poor kid hadn't really ever had. His mother meant well but she worried so much, and he just couldn't add to that more than he already thought he was. Then there was his school . . .

Yeah, she'd spoil the kid. 

He deserved it.